Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves close to acquiring Brandon Phillips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Everyone around Cincy knew that was coming. He is a distraction to the rebuild.

BTW, they can dump Billy Hamilton too. He's already tainted by Phillips.

Fordman

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
Well, we are only paying $1 million of his salary and gave up two prospects who will at worst never make it to the majors and at best become non-factors at the major league level so I suppose I can't really complain.

This you got a avg. 2B for $1 million and 2 so called "prospects". I wanted BPhil out for Herrera/Peraza to start at 2B but with this deal I'd rather just kept him as a bench guy tbh. Playoffs 2024 here we come!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
This you got a avg. 2B for $1 million and 2 so called "prospects". I wanted BPhil out for Herrera/Peraza to start at 2B but with this deal I'd rather just kept him as a bench guy tbh. Playoffs 2024 here we come!

He's a big upgrade over our current second baseman Jace Peterson so I'm calling it a win. He's only going to be used as a stopgap until Ozhaino Albies is ready for the majors which will be rather soon.

Berkey33

Nov 8, 2014
IDK anything about the "prospects" but Phillips is still an ABOVE average 2B, especially defensively...

His dWAR last year was -.5. and the 3 years before that .9, .9 and .4.
His last 4 years he has graded out 1 time over 2+ WAR, the other 3 years 1.8, 1.7 with last year .8. So 3 of the past 4 years he has graded out as a replacement/sub level. Once a starter+.
Thats Avg. in my book. Would I take him as my 2B still (if your not rebuilding)? Sure, but this isn't late 2000's early 2010s Brandon.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
His last 4 years he has graded out 1 time over 2+ WAR, the other 3 years 1.8, 1.7 with last year .8. So 3 of the past 4 years he has graded out as a replacement/sub level. Once a starter+.
Thats Avg. in my book. Would I take him as my 2B still (if your not rebuilding)? Sure, but this isn't late 2000's early 2010s Brandon.

Still better than what the Braves previously had.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

Still a better dWAR than Jace Peterson who's really nothing more than a utility or bench player with a career .237 BA & .653 OPS.

Members online

Latest posts