Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: How many eBay sellers check.....

DrSchlong
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many eBay sellers check.....

Just wondering, how many eBay sellers get o.b.o's then check the potential buyers feedback to see what they have bought? If the seller see's that the buyer is only buying PC stuff, couldnt the seller get real stingy in the price or do sellers really think that far in to it like that?

For example, I send an OBO to a seller for a card, he has $100 or obo. I offer $50. He comes back at $99. Is the seller just being stingy/less motivated to sell? Insulted on the lowball bid? Do you think he checked my feedback to see what I've purchased and noticed that I only buy that player?

Fordman

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a big seller by any means, but I guess I would be just the opposite upon finding that the card is going into a pc.I would be more inclined to give a better deal.

I do usually check for this on comc. If the offer is from a flipper, I will hold pretty firm; if it looks like it's gonna get shipped off-site, then I will cut the guy a better deal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're over thinking it. As a seller, I've got better things to do than try to decipher who/what someone collects by sifting through their feedback just to potentially make an extra buck. One thing I will do here and there is skim quickly through a few lines of feedback to see if anyone says anything about them paying quickly. I'm more wiling to accept an offer from someone if I think I'm going to get paid quickly.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I get a sportlots BO, I do a ebay completed listings check to see if the BO I received is reasonable. If reasonable, I accept otherwise I deny if it's a lowball offer.

moxacaine
     moxacaine
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seller probably felt you low balled them since you offered 50% of their asking price.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd agree he's just annoyed with your lowball offer.

Not that I don't do it- I find if a card that's OBO and is priced much more or even double what I seem fair, I actually send a nice note about my intentions and what I think is an appropriate price and get conversation started. It works so much better almost every single time.

This guy is now likely to be stingy with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seller is annoyed with the lowball offer. As a player collector, I'm sure you are more annoyed with his likely way overstated BIN price.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancemountain View Post
    Yeah I'd agree he's just annoyed with your lowball offer.

Not that I don't do it- I find if a card that's OBO and is priced much more or even double what I seem fair, I actually send a nice note about my intentions and what I think is an appropriate price and get conversation started. It works so much better almost every single time.

This guy is now likely to be stingy with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I always message first as well. When cards are listed crazy high a message will get things in motion more than an offer IMO.
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seller sounds like an idiot. A good seller should set aside their feelings and respond professionally on any offer, regardless of how low. I hear some sellers cry that they don't have time to deal with unrealistic offers and will just ignore them. Also a stupid move. If you get lots of "lowball" offers as a seller, maybe your prices aren't as reasonable as you think! However, ebay has made it easy to be an amateur "business", we don't always see the same standards as we would with "real" businesses. A seller insulting a potential buyer with a ridiculous counteroffer is just stupid business though.

Oddly enough, I find that I often offer somewhere around 50% on many items, sometime more, sometimes even less. Sometimes it works and I get the item. It all depends on what I think is a fair market value and I sometimes think some of these sellers mark up their items extra high in hopes of finding a sucker, but will take half or less happily. The problem is, some buyers are turned off by the 100% mark-up and won't even offer.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman View Post
    I send an OBO to a seller for a card, he has $100 or obo. I offer $50. He comes back at $99.

Fordman