Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alex Reyes +Elbow=Bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
That sucks. I think he could've had a great year this year as a rookie and was early favorites to win the ROY. If he has to undergo tommy john, at least it's this early in the season and should just miss one season and not parts of two.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Maybe he can have that new surgery which his teammate Seth Maness had, which takes much less time to recover from.

Assuming he needs surgery, of course.

Last edited:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Oh noes. :(

Was looking forward to seeing some of his starts this year. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Ah shucks, I just KNEW I should have unloaded my stash a few days ago when they were starting to peak in prices. Then again, if I had I'd be issuing a whole lot of refunds tonight.

But on a more serious note, that really sucks for Reyes. I was so looking forward to following him throughout the season. Kid has lightning stuff. Hopefully he makes a safe recovery and is able to get back into form when he returns.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Ah shucks, I just KNEW I should have unloaded my stash a few days ago when they were starting to peak in prices. Then again, if I had I'd be issuing a whole lot of refunds tonight.

But on a more serious note, that really sucks for Reyes. I was so looking forward to following him throughout the season. Kid has lightning stuff. Hopefully he makes a safe recovery and is able to get back into form when he returns.

Same...i was holding out to see if he stuck with the team, then unload :(

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Just confirmed by Derrick Goold. He's having TJ after getting a second opinion this morning.

Get well, Alex.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
F!@#

Good thing, the Cards have a bunch of depth at SP and Alex was projected as the 5th starter.

Still a lot of question marks. Lance Lynn is just returning from TJ. Michael Wacha is coming off a terrible season. Will Wainwright return to form? Their depth will be relying a lot on the young guys coming through (Gonzales, Weaver). Martinez & Leake are really the only certainties but even Leake had a pretty bad 2016 season.

Regardless, the Cardinals generally find a way to pull through.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Well I guess the silver lining is that he's getting TJ in Feb, so he should be good to go come April 2018 (presumably).

It always sucks when they blow out their elbow mid-season....and then end up missing the rest of that year AND all of next.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Still a lot of question marks. Lance Lynn is just returning from TJ. Michael Wacha is coming off a terrible season. Will Wainwright return to form? Their depth will be relying a lot on the young guys coming through (Gonzales, Weaver). Martinez & Leake are really the only certainties but even Leake had a pretty bad 2016 season.

Regardless, the Cardinals generally find a way to pull through.

Thanks, all news to me

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
We will be fine it sucks but I swear we lose at least one SP every year to TJ surgery.
So this Brett Cecil guy is supposed to be a left handed starter right? Nobody has mentioned him.

Members online

Latest posts