Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kirby Puckett Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Whoa! I didn't even know those were produced. Cool pickup.

I see now its from a...:eek:$600 a box product! For 5 cards?!?:eek: I wonder what else they put in the repack?

They breaks are pretty nice on YouTube. I grabbed this for $40 dlvd. Way more than I wanted to pay but I may not get another chance so I grabbed it.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I'm excited to finally check these two cards off my want list. It's taken a long time to find them and I was able to pick them both up from the same lot. I paid more than I wanted to, but I must have been off base with my pricing on them...

94.192a.jpg 94.192b.jpg

94.193a.jpg 94.193b.jpg

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Nice! A while back I bought Worthpoint for a month and to dig through old sales of cards I need and basically create a price guide for those. Those 1994 Topps Black Gold Winner ABCD cards were a bit difficult to find in Worthpoint because people seem to list them on eBay in differing ways, but the point is, based on what I found, it seemed like they were generally in the $75-$150 range for each, with no discernible difference in demand for the two, over the last 5 years.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Thank you! I remember my uncle pulling and A/B/C/D from a pack when they came out, but I can’t remember if it was ‘93 or ‘94.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Here's my Players Private Issue: I'm still looking for a reasonably priced pack issued version of the card. I believe that was numbered 101 - 499 if I'm not mistaken.

96.247a.jpg 96.247b.jpg

I was also able to find a new material variation:

17.147a.jpg

17.163a.jpg

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Has anyone seen any other variations of this card? Perhaps blank back, oversized or one without numbering and/or stamping altogether? Here's three that I have so far and would love to know if other variations exist.

Regular Version:

Regular f.jpg Regular b.jpg

"Leaf Limited" Stamping Error (front of card, a small portion can be seen towards the bottom left and a larger portion in the bottom right)

Stamp Error f.jpg Stamp Error b.jpg

Sequential Numbering Error (5084/5000)

Number Error f.jpg Number Error b.jpg

At any rate, the wood grain was awesome on these cards and I loved the way they look.

Here's a recent pickup. I don't have a ton of luck landing cards I don't already have from my local card shops. However, Jacksonville Sports Cards has come through for me a few times. They texted me a picture of this card with a note asking if I needed it. I was able to pick it up on Sunday.

02.126a.jpg 02.126b.jpg

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
These acquisitions are FAR from exciting, EXCEPT that I am very excited to cross them off of my need list, which is the ONLY excitement I think these cards can possibly offer...and that may be a sad statement about the mentality of my collecting, I suppose.

A random 1987 Broder that I'd seen but never been able to track down (and I doubt it's really less common than the usual Borders from the 1980's that always pop up)...

42388759642_dcbbe8eec2_z.jpg

And the remaining 17 Star Company Puckett cards I did not have. Whew. Glad to be done with those, but I find them to be pretty dull. (Set is the Glossy set which doesn't seem to surface often)

41537173785_0d30648a62_z.jpg

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Matt, can you please post a picture of the back of that Broder card? I have on with a similar front, but I think the font is different. I’m going from memory, but the back would help me. Thanks! Jeremy

I love those Star sets by the way. The 1988 set was the first thing I bought from eBay in 1998. I hadn’t seen them before that, so I was completely stoked and have liked them since that first set I purchased.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I’d be interested in them. I wasn’t able to get one of them yet and would love to have both variations. I don’t want to step on Josh to get them both though. Please let me know what you’d have to have for it/them.

Members online