Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kirby Puckett Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Here are couple cards from this year's National Treasures I've picked up so far. Hopefully I will add more soon.
2017 National Treasures Varation - 25.jpg
2017 National Treasures Greatness - 49.jpg
2017 National Treausres Greatness Jersey Halo Gold - 25.jpg

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I haven't been able to get much from the 2017 National Treasures set, but this big one arrived in the mail today:

17.110a.jpg
I really wish it had patches from Frank Thomas, George Brett (although his swatch has part of an auto, which is cool) and a patch from Wade Boggs. The laundry tag for Tony Gwynn and the camo swatch from Mariano Rivera are pretty sweet. Also of note, the Ozzie Smith patch is actually dirty. I think is the first dirty jersey material that I've seen on a card. Here's the rub, someone wrote the first and last name of most likely the person who pulled the card in a break on a post it note while the post it note was on the card. The name is now indented on the front of the card... ugh and it wasn't cheap

westusmc

Jan 16, 2016
Tulsa, OK
I haven't been able to get much from the 2017 National Treasures set, but this big one arrived in the mail today:

View attachment 75371
I really wish it had patches from Frank Thomas, George Brett (although his swatch has part of an auto, which is cool) and a patch from Wade Boggs. The laundry tag for Tony Gwynn and the camo swatch from Mariano Rivera are pretty sweet. Also of note, the Ozzie Smith patch is actually dirty. I think is the first dirty jersey material that I've seen on a card. Here's the rub, someone wrote the first and last name of most likely the person who pulled the card in a break on a post it note while the post it note was on the card. The name is now indented on the front of the card... ugh and it wasn't cheap

That is a killer card. I'm a Larkin collector and would love to have something like that in my collection, but I am not in that price range. Congratulations.

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Thanks Westusmc! Here's some more recent pickups for me:

14.11a.jpg

17.105a.jpg

17.108a.jpg

16.118a.jpg
I was finally able to snag a laundry tag. This is my first with hopes of locating others...

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Man where the heck are you getting all these. I don't recall seeing the tag listed.

Those NT booklets are a pain this year. Either nobody is breaking boxes or people aren't selling.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013

View attachment 75371

Is that the 1/1? It's tough just finding these listed on ebay with all the different players.

Scott F

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Scott, this is one of the /10 versions. I haven’t seen the 1/1 version yet, but would very likely not have an opportunity at that one.

I've only seen one of the /10 versions and I bought it for a small fortune. Where did you get yours?

By the way your Mariano patch has part of his autograph. I've been buying all the cards I can find with autographed pieces from that camo jersey. Unfortunately the one I got didn't come with a piece of the camo jersey but it does have part of his auto. Just throwing this out there, but I'd be interested in trading my copy for yours.

1.jpg

Here's a link to the Mariano jersey the camo piece came from:

https://greyflannelauctions.com/5_27_2013_mariano_rivera_new_york_yankees_bench_wo-lot35938.aspx

Scott F

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Scott,

Thanks for sharing the link to the jersey. I thought that swatch was pretty cool and it's awesome to see where the piece came from. Unfortunately, my booklet has a name of the original owner indented on the top of the book. He won it from a case break and the person that broke the packs open put a post it note on the surface of the card and wrote the guys name on top. It's definitely noticeable once you see it the first time.

Between ours and another one I saw on eBay, I've now seen three different versions.

yours
SF.jpg

mine
17.110a.jpg

the other one
IMG_0017.JPG

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Thank you bstanwood! I started collecting Puckett cards in the 6th grade, way back in 1987. It's by far and away the longest I've ever stuck with anything in my life.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Too bad about the writing, what kind of idiot does that? I think it's silly when I see breakers wearing rubber gloves but I'd rather they were too cautious rather than careless.

I finally found yours on ebay, you got a good deal compared to mine, even with the writing. Where did you see the 3rd one? With all the players it's tough to list it right and find the right collectors.

Scott F

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Yeah, the writing is awful. No clue why anyone would do that. The seller “name one the card” didn’t notice when he received it or sold it. He was great and offered me a partial refund with me keeping the card or I could have sent it back for a full refund. I decided to keep the card in case I can’t find another one. I’m not looking as hard for another one, but I’m keeping an eye out for one.

If memory serves, the other one sold just slightly under what mine originally ended at, granted I was able to get a better price in the end with the partial refund due to the damage.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Huge shout out to Jeremy [MENTION=3401]K34PuckettAddict[/MENTION] for hooking me up with these two cards.
2004 Leaf Certified Cuts Check Signature Material Blue Glove - 25.jpg
2004 Leaf Fabric of the Game Jersey Number - 34.jpg

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Too bad about the writing, what kind of idiot does that? I think it's silly when I see breakers wearing rubber gloves but I'd rather they were too cautious rather than careless.

I finally found yours on ebay, you got a good deal compared to mine, even with the writing. Where did you see the 3rd one? With all the players it's tough to list it right and find the right collectors.

Scott F

There actually have been 4 listed on ebay with yours being the 4th. You outbid me on the one you won. I figured I was safe! haha. Good for you, very nice card

Members online