Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 89

Thread: Kirby Puckett Collectors Thread

  1. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magicpapa, that's an awesome jumbo card. It took me a long time to find one for my pc.

    Josh, that's a nice rainbow! I'm close to completing the '82 version. I believe I just need the yellow.

  2. #47
    Junior Member MatthewN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Coralville, IA
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recent acquisitions I've been meaning to post...

    Another of the "this should not be hard to find, but rarely shows up at the price it should..." cards. A BIN for less than $5 delivered.


    Rediscovering Topps, the 1987 Topps was my first Puckett.


    And a 1990.


    I'd had a hard time finding the complete set back variation on the 1995 Fleer Panini stickers. Bought the set. If you need your guy, let me know. Looking to sell a few for a few bucks here or there to eventually cover my cost.




    Picked up these two promos as part of a lot. The Extra Bases Preview is in pretty rough shape, but the price was right in my mind and I was just happy to add one.




    I'm a big fan of the MSA discs and squares, and there are just a couple of discs that I now need after this 1988 Weis Winners addition. Lousy condition, but for 99 cents plus shipping, happy to take it in any condition.


    Oh, and sometimes you just get lucky. BOOM!

    These 1995 Fleer/Panini/SAIM CA Venezuelan stickers lasted 6 minutes and 36 seconds on eBay before I lucked into them while refreshing listings.

    Collector of Kirby Puckett cards (1,800+ different, primary focus on Pre-1999 cards), Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

  3. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a few redemption cards I've been able to find:

    1997 Sports Illustrated Autograph Mini Cover Redemption (auto print run /250)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2742a.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	69019 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2742b.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	69020

    2002 Fleer Greats of the Game Autograph Redemption (auto print run /250)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2406a.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	69021 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2406b.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	69022

    2002 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Signing Bonus Redemption
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3189a.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	69023 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3189b.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	69024

  4. #49
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,785
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not a Kirby collector but I love this card and enjoy showing it. He was one of my favorite players and this is the only auto of him that I own.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69339d1326394652-kirby-puckett-2001-topps-archives-rookie-reprint-auto-puckett-topps-auto.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	69031
    Do you listen to and support a birther? F*ck the dumb.

  5. #50
    Junior Member youseekyoda421's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    158
     youseekyoda421
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jszczech Nice Donruss Rainbow!
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewN View Post
    Recent acquisitions I've been meaning to post...

    Picked up these two promos as part of a lot. The Extra Bases Preview is in pretty rough shape, but the price was right in my mind and I was just happy to add one.
    Lots of nice pickups! Those Extra Bases promos are slick. I always wondered why only Steve Taft seems to have them and why they have such problems with the surface. Beckett has graded 15, including 4 Pucketts. Highest grade for all cards is 9.0 (only 5) and the highest Puckett, an 8.5 (mine ).

    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    Here's a few redemption cards I've been able to find:

    1997 Sports Illustrated Autograph Mini Cover Redemption (auto print run /250)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2742a.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	69019 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2742b.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	69020

    2002 Fleer Greats of the Game Autograph Redemption (auto print run /250)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2406a.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	69021 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2406b.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	69022

    2002 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Signing Bonus Redemption
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3189a.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	69023 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3189b.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	69024
    Nice run of redemptions! I've never seen that Sports Illustrated one.

    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    I am not a Kirby collector but I love this card and enjoy showing it. He was one of my favorite players and this is the only auto of him that I own.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69339d1326394652-kirby-puckett-2001-topps-archives-rookie-reprint-auto-puckett-topps-auto.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	69031
    Great design and a great autograph.

  6. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In honor of The Masters at Augusta National today, I wanted to share this card from my collection;

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2801a.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	69179 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2801b.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	69180

  7. #52
    Junior Member EtherealSOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    97
     blueberry_12
     Big_Daddy_MC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewN View Post
    I'd had a hard time finding the complete set back variation on the 1995 Fleer Panini stickers. Bought the set. If you need your guy, let me know. Looking to sell a few for a few bucks here or there to eventually cover my cost.
    Got a Justice?

  8. #53
    Junior Member MatthewN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Coralville, IA
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps I'm missing the obvious and it's just because it's late, but it's bothering me that I can't immediately identify what the source material for the gold is on this Puckett relic? Is it a Gwynn swatch even though it's on the Puckett side?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-PANTHEO...4AAOSwc-tY7wC3
    Collector of Kirby Puckett cards (1,800+ different, primary focus on Pre-1999 cards), Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

  9. #54
    Junior Member EtherealSOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    97
     blueberry_12
     Big_Daddy_MC
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewN View Post
    Perhaps I'm missing the obvious and it's just because it's late, but it's bothering me that I can't immediately identify what the source material for the gold is on this Puckett relic? Is it a Gwynn swatch even though it's on the Puckett side?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-PANTHEO...4AAOSwc-tY7wC3
    The first thing it brings to mind for me is the 1994 MLB Anniversary logo. The coloring looks the same, but I can't imagine the patch being that size...

  10. #55
    Senior Member jszczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,751
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished up the 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proof Set earlier this week. Cyan/49, Black/25, Magenta/10, and Yellow/5
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016 Donruss 1982  Test Proof Cyan.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	346.2 KB 
ID:	69429Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proof Black.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	386.0 KB 
ID:	69430Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proof Magenta -10.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	69431Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proof Yellow.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	69432
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

  11. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome rainbow Josh! I still need the two yellows to complete mine.

    I could use some help from anyone who may have 2004 Leaf Exhibits of Kirby Puckett and don't want, have doubles of or find at shows, etc. This set is driving me crazy and I would love to finish it. I'm missing 15 of the 88 cards in the set. Here's what I have and what I'm missing. Between Josh, myself and others we'd buy any of them that's found. Thank you!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exhibits 1.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	69436

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exhibits 2.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	69437

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exhibits 3.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	69438

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exhibits 4.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	69439

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exhibits 5.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	69440
    Last edited by K34PuckettAddict; 04-21-2017 at 11:15 PM.

  12. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2004 Leaf Exhibits Checklist legend codes that I'm missing:

    Series 1:
    1921
    1921 AML
    1926U
    1927
    1939-46BOLR
    1939-46BWR
    1939-46VTYL

    Series 2:
    1921AML
    1939-46TYL
    1939-46VTYR
    1947-66MSIG
    1947-66PDSCR
    1947-66PDPSIG
    1962-63NSNL
    1962-63NSNR

  13. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was also finally able to find these recently.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3361a.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	69441 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3360a.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	69442 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3362a.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	69443

  14. #59
    Junior Member MatthewN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Coralville, IA
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    I was also finally able to find these recently.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3361a.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	69441 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3360a.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	69442 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3362a.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	69443
    Nice!! Where did you find them?
    Collector of Kirby Puckett cards (1,800+ different, primary focus on Pre-1999 cards), Benj Sampson, Scott Stahoviak, Billy Beane, Al Newman, and Metrodome game/stadium used artifacts.

  15. #60
    Senior Member jszczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,751
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    I was also finally able to find these recently.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3361a.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	69441 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3360a.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	69442 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3362a.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	69443
    Awesome Jeremy! Any more available?
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •