Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89

Thread: Kirby Puckett Collectors Thread

  1. #1
    Senior Member jszczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,750
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Kirby Puckett Collectors Thread

    There are a few active Kirby Puckett collectors on the board now so its time we have our own thread. Post all things Puckett related. I will try to post random things from my collection and new pickups at least weekly to keep the thread going.

    I'll start out by posting of a couple of cards I picked up on the boards here a few years ago. There is a 25 page thread on these somewhere and people still disagree about the authenticity of them. All I know is they look legit to me and I'm extremely glad I picked them up when I did because they haven't showed up since. 1990 Upper Deck Buybacks that were supposed to be packed out in 2010 Upper Deck Baseball before they lost they license.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 Upper Deck Buyback 48.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	499.3 KB 
ID:	67842
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 Upper Deck Buyback 236.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	456.6 KB 
ID:	67843
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the idea of a Puckett thread! I'll contribute with pickups and random things too. Those UD cards are sweet. Real or not, I haven't seen them before and think they look awesome!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Marlton NJ
    Posts
    2,553
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have many but 2 pulls
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PUCKETT, KIRBY 1.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	67845
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PUCKETT, KIRBY.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	67846
    I collect Ken Griffey Jr, Ryan Howard, Steve Carlton and the rest of the Phillies.
    My Site:
    http://bradswebsite.synthasite.com/

    Matthew 21:22
    "And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall recieve."

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1996 Sportflics Proof or Sheet Cut? Both are blank back and are missing moving action style fronts:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2582a.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	67847 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2582b.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.6 KB 
ID:	67848

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2583a.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	67849 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2583b.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	67850

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo870 View Post
    I dont have many but 2 pulls
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PUCKETT, KIRBY 1.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	67845
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PUCKETT, KIRBY.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	67846
    Bongo870 - I liked the those 2001 Fleer Fall Classics when they came out. They looked great imo! Keep your eye out for the non-autographed version. Apparently they were supposed to be signed but never were.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2805a.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	67851 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2805b.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	67852

  6. #6
    Senior Member jszczech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,750
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    1996 Sportflics Proof or Sheet Cut? Both are blank back and are missing moving action style fronts:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2582a.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	67847 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2582b.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.6 KB 
ID:	67848

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2583a.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	67849 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2583b.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	67850
    Awesome. I have those on my checklist but I have never seen them. Would love to find a set at some point.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    1,780
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a collector of Puckett, but I was glad to be able to pick this up about 2 years ago for my collection.

    Kirby Puckett # 23/34 stripe

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpruitt2 View Post
    Not a collector of Puckett, but I was glad to be able to pick this up about 2 years ago for my collection.

    Kirby Puckett # 23/34 stripe
    That's awesome! How big are those pieces? I haven't been able to get one of those for my Puckett pc yet. I was able to find an unredeemed redemption card of sorts though...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3189a.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	67855 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3189b.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	67856

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    1,780
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K34PuckettAddict View Post
    That's awesome! How big are those pieces? I haven't been able to get one of those for my Puckett pc yet. I was able to find an unredeemed redemption card of sorts though...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3189a.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	67855 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3189b.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	67856

    They are roughly 8x10

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Mystic, CT
    Posts
    607
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My very first PC was almost Kirby Puckett. I was in the fourth grade and I had a pile of Bonds a pile of Gwynn and a pile of Puckett cards in front of me. They were three of my favorites. I ended up going with Bonds, but even all this time later I still remember that moment pretty clearly. Hope to see some great stuff in the thread.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,395
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    There are a few active Kirby Puckett collectors on the board now so its time we have our own thread. Post all things Puckett related. I will try to post random things from my collection and new pickups at least weekly to keep the thread going.

    I'll start out by posting of a couple of cards I picked up on the boards here a few years ago. There is a 25 page thread on these somewhere and people still disagree about the authenticity of them. All I know is they look legit to me and I'm extremely glad I picked them up when I did because they haven't showed up since. 1990 Upper Deck Buybacks that were supposed to be packed out in 2010 Upper Deck Baseball before they lost they license.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 Upper Deck Buyback 48.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	499.3 KB 
ID:	67842
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 Upper Deck Buyback 236.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	456.6 KB 
ID:	67843
    as per the 1990 20th anniversary cards, just seems odd seeing that they started in 1989 and the story of the guy finding 2 sets at a yardsale.................. interesting never the less, but

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,395
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KIRBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PUCKETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    My very first PC was almost Kirby Puckett. I was in the fourth grade and I had a pile of Bonds a pile of Gwynn and a pile of Puckett cards in front of me. They were three of my favorites. I ended up going with Bonds, but even all this time later I still remember that moment pretty clearly. Hope to see some great stuff in the thread.
    My best friend in the 6th grade started collecting cards and wanted someone to collect with. He gave me a stack of cards that had Kirby's '85 Topps rookie in it to start with. At first, I started collecting and trading all cards in general. I noticed the Puckett cards growing in number and thought he had a cool sounding name. I started reading more about him and began focusing on just his cards and memorabilia soon after. A number of years ago, I shifted away from memorabilia items for the most part to primarily focus on just his cards and card like items. I'll still buy memorabilia from time to time if something catches my eye, but I'm always hunting for cards I don't have.

    My friend didn't end up collecting cards for very long, but I have certainly enjoyed collecting Puckett cards for 30 years now or so... It's funny to think that my Puckett collection was initially stored in a winter jacket pocket. By the time I was in high school I had to upsize the way my cards were stored several times. I ended up building a large wooden storage box out of Cherry with individual Poplar boxes inside. I was able to house my collection in that box for several years before outgrowing it as well.

    Here's some pics of that box I built in high school. I still use it for supplies for my ever growing collection and the bulk of my Puckett doubles.

    Outside
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outside.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	67891

    Inside
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside1.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	67892

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside2.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	67893

  14. #14
    Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Senior Member
    mouschi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,516
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    There are a few active Kirby Puckett collectors on the board now so its time we have our own thread. Post all things Puckett related. I will try to post random things from my collection and new pickups at least weekly to keep the thread going.

    I'll start out by posting of a couple of cards I picked up on the boards here a few years ago. There is a 25 page thread on these somewhere and people still disagree about the authenticity of them. All I know is they look legit to me and I'm extremely glad I picked them up when I did because they haven't showed up since. 1990 Upper Deck Buybacks that were supposed to be packed out in 2010 Upper Deck Baseball before they lost they license.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 Upper Deck Buyback 48.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	499.3 KB 
ID:	67842
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 Upper Deck Buyback 236.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	456.6 KB 
ID:	67843
    I love a controversial story behind cards. I have the canseco and it isn't an at home job. It is definitely one of my favorite ud cards in my collection!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8,449
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicpapa View Post
    as per the 1990 20th anniversary cards, just seems odd seeing that they started in 1989 and the story of the guy finding 2 sets at a yardsale.................. interesting never the less, but
    Unless they were celebrating the 20th anniversary of 1990 UD.



    Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN





    BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •