Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1988 Cubs Canon team set pickup with cool bonus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I picked up a 1988 Cubs Canon team set recently for the Maddux, and the seller threw in this cool article from the August 19, 1988 edition of Baseball Card News. Thought I'd share. Also, let me know if you have any interest in any of the other players. I really have no use for them.

i-Br5jQ2X-L.jpg

i-Zr9BG8r-L.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I wish all team issued stuff had that type of info available about them. On the far right , it's neat with the collector being mentioned as having some available. Nice pickup.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Nice looking Maddux! I'm going to print the ad out and include it in my collection.

Do you know if the seller might have any information about the "89/90" Maddux Canon or those Canon sets? It would be really groundbreaking if someone had an add for the '89 Canon set. I have Maddux's '87, '88, '89 or '90 Canons, '90 Old Style, and his Dodgers 2008 team issue, but I know there has to a lot more. I've seen a 2005 Comcast Cubs Issue of Dusty Baker on eBay (in a similar style as the Canon issues) so I know there has to be a set of that floating out there somewhere. If you can get, or have any more info, please post!!!

Also, do you plan to send the Maddux or other cards in to be graded?

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Nice looking Maddux! I'm going to print the ad out and include it in my collection.

Do you know if the seller might have any information about the "89/90" Maddux Canon or those Canon sets? It would be really groundbreaking if someone had an add for the '89 Canon set. I have Maddux's '87, '88, '89 or '90 Canons, '90 Old Style, and his Dodgers 2008 team issue, but I know there has to a lot more. I've seen a 2005 Comcast Cubs Issue of Dusty Baker on eBay (in a similar style as the Canon issues) so I know there has to be a set of that floating out there somewhere. If you can get, or have any more info, please post!!!

Also, do you plan to send the Maddux or other cards in to be graded?

I will check with the seller on the other items. I still need the 87 Canon. I can do a better scan of the article as well. The scanner cut off the right side of the article. I will likely grade the Maddux with BGS but no plans for the others, although I have received inquiries on the Dawson and Gossage.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
i'm not familiar with this set myself , so not sure what they go for , but i'd be interested in getting prices on any of these (listed in order of importance to me) or possibly even the entire lot :

moyer
palmeiro
gossage
dawson
dave martinez

Members online