Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone On Here Buy The Canseco Bat Barrel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
This isn't indicative of where his prices are going; it was just a perfect storm situation on many levels, which is why it went so high. Among the main one is that it is the first 1/1 Canseco barrel ever to hit auction. I stayed away, primarily because I picked up an Immaculate barrel that I'm in love with a few weeks ago :) If a second popped up, would it go that high? I don't think it even comes close, personally :)

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
this is the first time I've been able to say that Panini did a barrel card wrong.. the card has no visual appeal at all which I've always praised the NT product over anything Topps puts out. That card isn't worth even half what it sold for IMO

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Wow, that is the thickest card I've ever seen. That thing is like a brick...

And I agree with [MENTION=2239]1st4040[/MENTION] , not the best designed bat barrel card I've seen. Although the winner didn't seem to mind..

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am surprised that these cards continue too sell so well, despite the lack of licensing and the proliferation in the market. There has been a Garvey bat knob slowly coming down in price over the last year or so. It is still being offered at somewhere around $600 or so the last time I stopped long enough to pay attention. I may eat my words, but nobody is going to pay that much or anything near that for a Garvey card. I could see $200 maybe. 10 years ago maybe, now…no way!

charliehustle

Feb 5, 2010
USA
wow someone really overpaid. or it was an inside job. I'd guess 600-700 is a real estimate?

I was watching this one too. It appears to be a legitimate purchase & I think based on the scrambled eBay Id/feedback, that one of the he top 2 Canseco collectors got it.

I believe he was featured in Beckett a while back & his buying name is something like silver-blt or slvr-blt, but could be slightly off on that...Im sure it's in the Beckett article

From what I understand, he's pretty private with what he has, but based on what Ive seen that eBay ID, assuming it's the same guy, purchase in recent years, he's got to be easily in the top 2 of Canseco collectors/buyers. There's probably only one other Canseco collector whose collection that rivals his with the sheer volume/high end quality & I know it's definitely not the guy who plasters/promotes himself all over social media, message boards, etc as the biggest Canseco collector now a days...he's unfortunately toward the back of the line behind a few more guys who've been collecting him for 15+ years...

I saw another Canseco Barrel 1/1 that hit another message board a few months back, but Im sure someone swiped that quickly as I never saw it hit eBay...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Shots fired... for no reason that I know of. That back of the line collector has a pretty impressive collection and there is a reason you didn't see any other barells on eBay yet.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I know it's definitely not the guy who plasters/promotes himself all over social media, message boards, etc as the biggest Canseco collector now a days...he's unfortunately toward the back of the line behind a few more guys who've been collecting him for 15+ years...

giphy.gif

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
I like the response, Mouschi.

As with most popular players of the 90's, I would expect there to be more than one impressive collection out and about.

And, oh yeah, Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I was watching this one too. It appears to be a legitimate purchase & I think based on the scrambled eBay Id/feedback, that one of the he top 2 Canseco collectors got it.

I believe he was featured in Beckett a while back & his buying name is something like silver-blt or slvr-blt, but could be slightly off on that...Im sure it's in the Beckett article

From what I understand, he's pretty private with what he has, but based on what Ive seen that eBay ID, assuming it's the same guy, purchase in recent years, he's got to be easily in the top 2 of Canseco collectors/buyers. There's probably only one other Canseco collector whose collection that rivals his with the sheer volume/high end quality & I know it's definitely not the guy who plasters/promotes himself all over social media, message boards, etc as the biggest Canseco collector now a days...he's unfortunately toward the back of the line behind a few more guys who've been collecting him for 15+ years...

Top 5 maybe... the smell of butt hurt is strong in this post though making it sound like he put you up to posting it to take another cheap shot at Tanner

mouschi

May 18, 2012
That is very kind of you to stand up for me [MENTION=2239]1st4040[/MENTION] thanks!

On another note, I am on the front page of www.Topps.com today! Here is the direct link: https://www.topps.com/blog/jose-canseco-topps-collector/

collection3sm2.png

Here is a fun fact for you FCB'ers - the picture above was taken over a year ago for another interview piece. Every single card shown on top of the top loaders are photoshopped in, as well as the handprint on the wall ... I wanted to make it very Topps-centric for them :)

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Top 5 maybe... the smell of butt hurt is strong in this post though making it sound like he put you up to posting it to take another cheap shot at Tanner

I'm not on social media like Tanner but I have made posts on all the regular message boards about wanting rare Mariano Rivera's and I can say it's a double edged sword. I have gotten some good cards and 95% of the people are supportive and/or cool with it, but there's also been some blow back. Some people just seem to get angry that have someone else has a big/nice collection. It's why I'm apprehensive about sharing more of my Mo's online.

Scott F