Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone On Here Buy The Canseco Bat Barrel?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone On Here Buy The Canseco Bat Barrel?

Good grief! Is this typical for his stuff? $1,422

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOSE-CANSECO...vip=true&rt=nc
    Looking for Juan Gonzalez cards from 2016 National Treasures. Please let me know if you have any!

icollectichiro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems kinda high but if you get a few PC collectors going for 1 card it can get crazy. Maybe Mouschi grabbed it!!!

Check out my site featuring Ichiro
    www.icollectichiro.com
    RC's, Parallels, Variations, SSP, and Graded Cards

packerfan4life2002
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some HUGE Canseco collectors out there, a few of them frequent FCB.
    Sent using my two hands, ten fingers, a keyboard and an internet connection.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully that had the eBay bucks promo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask @mouschi, he'd know. That's a lot for a Panini card! How many GU Canseco bats could that buy?

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't indicative of where his prices are going; it was just a perfect storm situation on many levels, which is why it went so high. Among the main one is that it is the first 1/1 Canseco barrel ever to hit auction. I stayed away, primarily because I picked up an Immaculate barrel that I'm in love with a few weeks ago If a second popped up, would it go that high? I don't think it even comes close, personally
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is the first time I've been able to say that Panini did a barrel card wrong.. the card has no visual appeal at all which I've always praised the NT product over anything Topps puts out. That card isn't worth even half what it sold for IMO

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wow someone really overpaid. or it was an inside job. I'd guess 600-700 is a real estimate?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is the thickest card I've ever seen. That thing is like a brick...

And I agree with @1st4040 , not the best designed bat barrel card I've seen. Although the winner didn't seem to mind..
    Boston Red Sox 2013 World Champions! #BostonStrong

-Thanks to JBel4331 for the sig

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised that these cards continue too sell so well, despite the lack of licensing and the proliferation in the market. There has been a Garvey bat knob slowly coming down in price over the last year or so. It is still being offered at somewhere around $600 or so the last time I stopped long enough to pay attention. I may eat my words, but nobody is going to pay that much or anything near that for a Garvey card. I could see $200 maybe. 10 years ago maybe, now…no way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstepper View Post
    wow someone really overpaid. or it was an inside job. I'd guess 600-700 is a real estimate?

I was watching this one too. It appears to be a legitimate purchase & I think based on the scrambled eBay Id/feedback, that one of the he top 2 Canseco collectors got it.

I believe he was featured in Beckett a while back & his buying name is something like silver-blt or slvr-blt, but could be slightly off on that...Im sure it's in the Beckett article

From what I understand, he's pretty private with what he has, but based on what Ive seen that eBay ID, assuming it's the same guy, purchase in recent years, he's got to be easily in the top 2 of Canseco collectors/buyers. There's probably only one other Canseco collector whose collection that rivals his with the sheer volume/high end quality & I know it's definitely not the guy who plasters/promotes himself all over social media, message boards, etc as the biggest Canseco collector now a days...he's unfortunately toward the back of the line behind a few more guys who've been collecting him for 15+ years...

I saw another Canseco Barrel 1/1 that hit another message board a few months back, but Im sure someone swiped that quickly as I never saw it hit eBay...

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shots fired... for no reason that I know of. That back of the line collector has a pretty impressive collection and there is a reason you didn't see any other barells on eBay yet.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle View Post
    I know it's definitely not the guy who plasters/promotes himself all over social media, message boards, etc as the biggest Canseco collector now a days...he's unfortunately toward the back of the line behind a few more guys who've been collecting him for 15+ years...
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the response, Mouschi.

As with most popular players of the 90's, I would expect there to be more than one impressive collection out and about.

And, oh yeah, Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame!
    Looking for Juan Gonzalez cards from 2016 National Treasures. Please let me know if you have any!

bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cat's breath smells like cat food.
    Randy Johnson Collector!! 5,125 Unique Cards & Counting.
    [Most Wanted: 2015 Topps Five Star MLB Logoman Autograph]
    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/bigunitcards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast