Thread: -:-:-:-:-:-:-:-Friday Morning Thread-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Morning everyone, celebrating Friday with a new car...New to me anyway. Had my Impala for 11 years, it couldn't hold on any longer.
    What'd ya get?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstepper View Post
    ooh I like that thought.
    morning all. 17 here. stay warm and safe. I'd rather be home
    Everytime I start to complain about the weather here, I read something like this. We literally didn't get a winter this year - it was cold (like 30's-40's cold) for maybe 2 weekends and that was it! The heat in the summer otoh ... yikes!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Good morning, how u doing buddy?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Planning the funeral now

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thoughts Enfuego.
    when my mom passed 2 years ago, this site was a constant reminder and distraction of what friends mean to someone in a time like this. we're always here.

Mr. Enfuego
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelstepper View Post
    thoughts Enfuego.
    when my mom passed 2 years ago, this site was a constant reminder and distraction of what friends mean to someone in a time like this. we're always here.
    I really appreciate that

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    "Are you crying? Are you crying? There's no crying in Baseball!!" - Tom Hanks.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afternoon all!

Quote Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
    Everybody else is going to a dry bean meeting in Denver, most of which are not excited about going to anyways
    Unless I'm really off on my guess of what a "dry bean meeting" is, I wouldn't be excited either...
    Currently looking for: 2012 Ultra football (1992 style) #31 Rudy and Gold parallel version of 2011 Bowman Platinum Chase Utley #94

Always looking for: 2008 BC Jake Peavy Orange Refractors /25, have 6 so far.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crappy phone pics but here's some nice little pickups I grabbed early this week, just in time for Selection Sunday. The Utlmate Collection one is on-card, real nice looking in person.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17204563_1227967210591372_830561189_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	68337

And upside down, great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17204264_1227967473924679_1630586594_n.jpg  
    Currently looking for: 2012 Ultra football (1992 style) #31 Rudy and Gold parallel version of 2011 Bowman Platinum Chase Utley #94

Always looking for: 2008 BC Jake Peavy Orange Refractors /25, have 6 so far.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instead of posting a new thread about it, I figured I'd post here:

I am on the front page of www.Topps.com today! Here is the direct link: https://www.topps.com/blog/jose-cans...pps-collector/

Here is a fun fact for you FCB'ers - the picture above was taken over a year ago for another interview piece. Every single card shown on top of the top loaders are photoshopped in, as well as the handprint on the wall ... I wanted to make it very Topps-centric for them

zc3009
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    Afternoon all!

Unless I'm really off on my guess of what a "dry bean meeting" is, I wouldn't be excited either...
    Haha, its like a convention for the dry bean producers in the area. So basically, great northerns, pintos, garbanzo beans, kidneys, etc. are all considered dry beans. From the sounds of it, its more of a social thing than anything. They were talking about maybe not going next year. We are a sponsor for the event, so who knows what will happen in the end.
    Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afternoon all

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

RagingAcid
     @RagingAcid
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all! Predicting cold weathers all week, but at least I'm on break! Heading down to the shop tomorrow to pick up a PC card!

zc3009
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might try and move some stuff to fund the creation of some custom cards using these-

These are from game used jerseys of Brian Dozier and Denard Span while they were playing for the Rochester Red Wings (Twins AAA Affiliate.) Obviously, the Denard Span would be cheaper considering his name is only 4 letters, as opposed to 6. What I'm debating about is do I go with one giant foldout booklet for them, or do I have an individual card made for each letter? Then, do I have them pictured as a Twin, Red Wing, both, or in Span's case, a Twin, Giant, National, and Red Wing? Maybe @mouschi can chime in for a little bit of help

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might try and move some stuff to fund the creation of some custom cards using these-

These are from game used jerseys of Brian Dozier and Denard Span while they were playing for the Rochester Red Wings (Twins AAA Affiliate.) Obviously, the Denard Span would be cheaper considering his name is only 4 letters, as opposed to 6. What I'm debating about is do I go with one giant foldout booklet for them, or do I have an individual card made for each letter? Then, do I have them pictured as a Twin, Red Wing, both, or in Span's case, a Twin, Giant, National, and Red Wing? Maybe @mouschi can chime in for a little bit of help
    Definitely single cards imo. I made a nameplate set for myself, and *LOVE* it. Here is the link of the creation of them:

http://www.tanmanbaseballfan.com/201...rs-making.html

I'd say stay true to the teams they were on using the jerseys, personally!

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After posting the picture, I thought - man, that would look sweet as a signature pic. Done!

zc3009
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    After posting the picture, I thought - man, that would look sweet as a signature pic. Done!
    Haha, it does look great as a signature pic! And thanks for your input on the nameplates. I'm leaning towards just having them pictured in a Twins uniform. I figure the Red Wings are a minor league affiliate of the Twins so a Twins uni would be okay for me and then maybe have a picture of them in a Red Wings uni on the back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast