Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-Friday Morning Thread-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Crappy phone pics but here's some nice little pickups I grabbed early this week, just in time for Selection Sunday. The Utlmate Collection one is on-card, real nice looking in person.

17204563_1227967210591372_830561189_n.jpg

And upside down, great!

Attachments

• 17204264_1227967473924679_1630586594_n.jpg
    17204264_1227967473924679_1630586594_n.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 17

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Instead of posting a new thread about it, I figured I'd post here:

I am on the front page of www.Topps.com today! Here is the direct link: https://www.topps.com/blog/jose-canseco-topps-collector/

collection3sm2.png

Here is a fun fact for you FCB'ers - the picture above was taken over a year ago for another interview piece. Every single card shown on top of the top loaders are photoshopped in, as well as the handprint on the wall ... I wanted to make it very Topps-centric for them

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Afternoon all!

Unless I'm really off on my guess of what a "dry bean meeting" is, I wouldn't be excited either...

Haha, its like a convention for the dry bean producers in the area. So basically, great northerns, pintos, garbanzo beans, kidneys, etc. are all considered dry beans. From the sounds of it, its more of a social thing than anything. They were talking about maybe not going next year. We are a sponsor for the event, so who knows what will happen in the end.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Might try and move some stuff to fund the creation of some custom cards using these-
Scan0001_zpsrqwh37us.jpg

Scan0002_zpsq14n7urn.jpg

These are from game used jerseys of Brian Dozier and Denard Span while they were playing for the Rochester Red Wings (Twins AAA Affiliate.) Obviously, the Denard Span would be cheaper considering his name is only 4 letters, as opposed to 6. What I'm debating about is do I go with one giant foldout booklet for them, or do I have an individual card made for each letter? Then, do I have them pictured as a Twin, Red Wing, both, or in Span's case, a Twin, Giant, National, and Red Wing? Maybe [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] can chime in for a little bit of help

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Might try and move some stuff to fund the creation of some custom cards using these-
Scan0001_zpsrqwh37us.jpg

Scan0002_zpsq14n7urn.jpg

These are from game used jerseys of Brian Dozier and Denard Span while they were playing for the Rochester Red Wings (Twins AAA Affiliate.) Obviously, the Denard Span would be cheaper considering his name is only 4 letters, as opposed to 6. What I'm debating about is do I go with one giant foldout booklet for them, or do I have an individual card made for each letter? Then, do I have them pictured as a Twin, Red Wing, both, or in Span's case, a Twin, Giant, National, and Red Wing? Maybe [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] can chime in for a little bit of help

Definitely single cards imo. I made a nameplate set for myself, and *LOVE* it. Here is the link of the creation of them:

http://www.tanmanbaseballfan.com/2016/07/two-years-making.html

nameplate-sharper.jpg

I'd say stay true to the teams they were on using the jerseys, personally!

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Scan0001_zpsrqwh37us.jpg

Scan0002_zpsq14n7urn.jpg

After posting the picture, I thought - man, that would look sweet as a signature pic. Done!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
After posting the picture, I thought - man, that would look sweet as a signature pic. Done!

Haha, it does look great as a signature pic! And thanks for your input on the nameplates. I'm leaning towards just having them pictured in a Twins uniform. I figure the Red Wings are a minor league affiliate of the Twins so a Twins uni would be okay for me and then maybe have a picture of them in a Red Wings uni on the back

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Haha, it does look great as a signature pic! And thanks for your input on the nameplates. I'm leaning towards just having them pictured in a Twins uniform. I figure the Red Wings are a minor league affiliate of the Twins so a Twins uni would be okay for me and then maybe have a picture of them in a Red Wings uni on the back

I don't think you lose either way - if it were a completely different mlb team, that'd be a different story.

Members online