Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm almost certain these are NOT 1993 Finest Refractors....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $2500 in completed "Refractor" auctions.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should be interesting

sierrajunior7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RStadlerASU22 View Post
    Not sure how bidders didn't see these as base. You're laying out $300-500, you'd think you would be up on a Refractor look.
    It's absolutely crazy to think there are that many collectors who would fall prey to something that is so obvious, especially when your talking that kind of money. It's as if they're reading the title and just pulling the trigger without even taking note of the image itself. They may as well have just paid for the pleasure of getting to open up a case and reshipping a package.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra79 View Post
    It's absolutely crazy to think there are that many collectors who would fall prey to something that is so obvious, especially when your talking that kind of money. It's as if they're reading the title and just pulling the trigger without even taking note of the image itself. They may as well have just paid for the pleasure of getting to open up a case and reshipping a package.
    I'd have to look at bidder history to see how legit everything is, or bidder feedback, but something is nuts if people who actually know what 1993 Refractors look like would go all in based on the listings.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those cards are not refractors. This seller is a woman. And, a unscrupulous charlatan at that! Same listings, same writing style, but under a different name now. She has an active eBay account under: samiam482-3.

dodgergeo
     dodgergeo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Those cards are not refractors. This seller is a woman. And, a unscrupulous charlatan at that! Same listings, same writing style, but under a different name now. She has an active eBay account under: samiam482-3.
    For those counting at home, the word "charlatan" has now appeared in five threads in FCB's history. Too bad. It's a fantastic word.

sierrajunior7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Is this real? Are there that many stupid people out there coming into the hobby?

Absolutely stunning card of my favorite player! FAST shipping! Thank you! Buyer: t***e ( 3635Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)
    During past 6 months
    1993 TOPPS FINEST REFRACTOR #110 KEN GRIFFEY JR -SHARP! (#142251711454) US $413.78 View Item

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra79 View Post
    Is this real? Are there that many stupid people out there coming into the hobby?

Absolutely stunning card of my favorite player! FAST shipping! Thank you! Buyer: t***e ( 3635Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)
    During past 6 months
    1993 TOPPS FINEST REFRACTOR #110 KEN GRIFFEY JR -SHARP! (#142251711454) US $413.78 View Item
    W.T.F. Lol

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still no FB left in these sales, good or bad.

Oh boy...
    Currently looking for: 2012 Ultra football (1992 style) #31 Rudy and Gold parallel version of 2011 Bowman Platinum Chase Utley #94

Always looking for: 2008 BC Jake Peavy Orange Refractors /25, have 6 so far.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNP777 View Post
    For those counting at home, the word "charlatan" has now appeared in five threads in FCB's history. Too bad. It's a fantastic word.
    I have to confess, I had to look it up, lol.

sierrajunior7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    Still no FB left in these sales, good or bad.

Oh boy...
    Looks like someone has walked away happy?! No other feedback left as of yet...

fast shipping, great seller Buyer: a***l (566)
    1993 TOPPS FINEST REFRACTOR LARRY WALKER #97- SHARP! (#222433889885) US $46.25

fast shipping, great seller Buyer: a***l (566)
    1993 TOPPS FINEST REFRACTOR GREG MADDUX #85- SHARP! (#222432963613) US $315.00

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that convinces me.

I'm off to eBay to list Stephen Drew Rc's as T206 Honus Wagner cards.

Hope no one notices.

DTA

sierrajunior7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, it begins...

1st ever leaving negative feedback, 85 letters is a joke for this nightmare. Buyer: m***h ( 919)

1993 TOPPS FINEST REFRACTOR RICKEY HENDERSON #86- SHARP! (#222432968339) $341

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We always hear everyone say "its not worth the risk." But are you sure?

Even if a seller doesn't offer returns, they still are obligated to provide the item described in the condition it is described in. Granted, these definitely aren't refractors, but if there was a slight possibility, Id say it would be well worth the risk. You pay $300 for an $800 card. If it's not, you aren't out of any money. Just a few minutes to print the return label (at the seller's expense) and mail it back.

sierrajunior7
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goobmcnasty View Post
    We always hear everyone say "its not worth the risk." But are you sure?

Even if a seller doesn't offer returns, they still are obligated to provide the item described in the condition it is described in. Granted, these definitely aren't refractors, but if there was a slight possibility, Id say it would be well worth the risk. You pay $300 for an $800 card. If it's not, you aren't out of any money. Just a few minutes to print the return label (at the seller's expense) and mail it back.
    This was so obvious though - not even a shred of doubt. Anyone who bought this stuff was just asking for the headache of having to waste time writing back to the seller, trying to explain why this is not a refractor to the eBay rep, and shipping it back. Personally, I have better things to do with my time than purchase something that is completely and painfully just a base card. If they had even a morsel of doubt and thought they might get lucky then they really need to look at more refractors.

I can see maybe jumping on what might be a reprint vs. original vintage card (in some cases), but this was like bidding on a kids drawing of Honus Wagner in hopes that it would turn out to be a T206.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast