Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm almost certain these are NOT 1993 Finest Refractors....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It doesn't look like it, but it can be hard to show the effect in 2D. The seller has low feedback, so that is a potential red flag. We all started out with 0, but you don't come out of the gate blazing and expect to do as well as you would as an otherwise established member. New member just last month too. Another red flag for selling potentially questionable items. Should be a slam dunk case for a refund if they are not, but it is a risk I wouldn't take.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Also, Each listing is shot at a slightly different angle and still not even the slightest refraction can be seen. Another red flag - no returns offered. Sad to see people are actually bidding on this stuff.

I can't wait to see the seller's feedback rating in the next week or so.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Yeah these are base - a Jose went for a good bit of $. To me, a good rule of thumb is: If you have to ask if it is a refractor, it is not!

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I doubt he'll make anything. His account is too new, ebay/paypal will hold all his money until the buyers give him feedback. As a buyer it's impossible to get screwed on ebay unless you don't know what you're buying.

Scott F

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Ah good point. Maybe he's hoping a couple buyers won't know the difference. I think it's telling he's only selling the green ones and using bad lighting. The silver ones are easier to tell IMO.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Not sure how bidders didn't see these as base. You're laying out $300-500, you'd think you would be up on a Refractor look. The Ripken has a pic of a PSA 9 in it for some reason.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Ok so I'll play nice this time.

Obviously a new seller who might not know anything about cards but somehow got a bunch of 93 base finest and thinks (or was told) these are refractors.

DTA

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
I pulled out my 1993 base cards and shined a light on them at different angles, just curious to see what they looked like to recreate these auctions. They all looked the same.

Not sure if I put more blame on the seller or buyers on these. Do your homework, right?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
93finestbothx.jpg

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Not sure how bidders didn't see these as base. You're laying out $300-500, you'd think you would be up on a Refractor look.

It's absolutely crazy to think there are that many collectors who would fall prey to something that is so obvious, especially when your talking that kind of money. It's as if they're reading the title and just pulling the trigger without even taking note of the image itself. They may as well have just paid for the pleasure of getting to open up a case and reshipping a package.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
It's absolutely crazy to think there are that many collectors who would fall prey to something that is so obvious, especially when your talking that kind of money. It's as if they're reading the title and just pulling the trigger without even taking note of the image itself. They may as well have just paid for the pleasure of getting to open up a case and reshipping a package.
I'd have to look at bidder history to see how legit everything is, or bidder feedback, but something is nuts if people who actually know what 1993 Refractors look like would go all in based on the listings.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Those cards are not refractors. This seller is a woman. And, a unscrupulous charlatan at that! Same listings, same writing style, but under a different name now. She has an active eBay account under: samiam482-3.

Members online