Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Taking in a Diamondbacks game - any advice or things to expect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Hello!

I'm going to be out in Arizona in April for a work conference and my plan is to hit a Diamondbacks game with the family while I'm out that way. Is there decent parking close by? We are probably going to be staying towards the north part of Phoenix as the hotels are super expensive down by the stadium, so we'll have to drive in for the game.

Also, any suggestions for seating? I'm sure we'll be grabbing more economically friendly seats - but if there is a particular vantage point in the stadium that you enjoy, please let me know. Thanks very much for any insight!

Greg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Lots of VERY long Home runs!

We do have a coupla members on here in AZ, hopefully they chime in with helpful answers...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Greg -

There is a parking garage right across the street from the stadium that runs $10, there are plenty of lots too within walking distance that are $10- $20. From a viewpoint, I don't really mind upper deck from like the mid 1st base or 3rd base line. You'd be ok mainly anywhere IMO other than the corners. I'd personally avoid hotels around the I17 and Northern Area (Metro Center) , but not all are so bad.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
There are many lots open to park in & a large parking garage that is very close to the stadium so you shouldn't have an issue finding a spot. Traffic isn't terrible & it's pretty easy to find your way around. I think seating comes down to preference. Personally I prefer seats around the 1st base line so I can get a better look at the pitching. If your looking to save money the upper deck seats aren't all that bad IMO. It's a nice stadium to visit because there are never really any big crowds. If I were to guess I'd say the attendance is roughly 20-25k on a typical game that I go to.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
Thank you all for your responses and advice! I'm relieved to hear parking won't be an issue and thanks for the tip on the hotels in the northern part - very much appreciated. Looking forward to the game even though its another month away!

Greg

Members online

No members online now.