Thread: Today is my Cardboard Birthday!

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrandtw View Post
    I started collecting on my birthday 1982 so the date is easy to remember. Parents got me a 1960 Mantle . Still have it .

Tanner, I still want to know the card you were anxiously awaiting last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man, it's purty. Like ... purty purty. I'm going to post about it in the next day or two. I just got it in Saturday, and can't stop staring at it!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1988. I was at another 8 year old's birthday party and they gave out '88 Donruss packs as party favors. I didn't know players or anything about cards, but in my pack was Daryl Strawberry and everyone else was jealous. From that moment, I was hooked. I'm still trying to find a signed Strawberry '88 Donruss for nostalgia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Collecting Interests
    Justin Upton - need everything not listed here
    Star Autos baseball late 80s - present
    Ohio State baseball/football/basketball autos - 1 per player
    Vintage baseball - mostly pre-war

Photobucket

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Cardboard Birthday Tanner! Awesome thread. Last summer marked my 50th year. Not sure of the exact date but I was 8 years old and opened a few packs of 1966 Topps. They were just simple, awesome looking cards. And the best part was that it was easy to read the stats on the back. My favorite card was #151 Gary Wagner of the Phillies. I was amazed that a big league player had the same first name as I did. That's how I became a lifelong Phillies fan from Tenn. I have replaced several of those 1966 cards because of tears, creases, and mold. And I'm still collecting card #151 .

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by u2me57 View Post
    Happy Cardboard Birthday Tanner! Awesome thread. Last summer marked my 50th year. Not sure of the exact date but I was 8 years old and opened a few packs of 1966 Topps. They were just simple, awesome looking cards. And the best part was that it was easy to read the stats on the back. My favorite card was #151 Gary Wagner of the Phillies. I was amazed that a big league player had the same first name as I did. That's how I became a lifelong Phillies fan from Tenn. I have replaced several of those 1966 cards because of tears, creases, and mold. And I'm still collecting card #151 .
    Thanks! How many of #151 do you have?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!
    Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know! www.CansecoCollector.com

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 6. Time to get some more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12