Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Baseball Classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
So in order to take my mind off my mother's passing, one thing we used to watch and talk a lot about was the WBC. And as of now I'm Rooting for Team Puerto Rico to make it all the way? What are your thoughts in the WBC? Any predictions?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It's not getting a ton of attention but the fact that Israel, the last seed, is now 4-0 is extremely surprising.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
So sorry about your mom's passing. WBC is really cool and I've watched several games. Tonights game between Italy and Venezuela was awesome. I would have IBB Miggy. He is too good to pitch to in that situation. I'm gonna say D.R. and P.R. in the finals. But never count out Japan.

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
So sorry about your mom's passing. WBC is really cool and I've watched several games. Tonights game between Italy and Venezuela was awesome. I would have IBB Miggy. He is too good to pitch to in that situation. I'm gonna say D.R. and P.R. in the finals. But never count out Japan.

Yeah, my daughter is rooting for Japan and PR because she is such and just can't choose a champion...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
It's old news at this point but did anyone else find it just a little too coincidental that it was Sal Perez's backup, Drew Butera, that crashed into him and had the entire fan base of the Royals holding their breath???

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
bummed israel is out - who doesn't like an underdog!

I'll root for USA as long as they are in and hope for netherlands as the "underdog".

trying to figure out why the pic quality from tokyo is so much better than miami and san diego. I wonder if Tokyo was shot in 4K and then downresed to 1080i for MLB Network. It might also be that tokyo dome is indoors and has great lighting (whereas miami and san diego is outdoors or roof open). Did you see what appeared to be faint football markings on the tokyo field? I wonder if that is special fieldturf that the NFL used when they had some tokyo games and the tokyo dome groundskeepers brought it out of storage and installed it for WBC play.

I wonder how long it will be until a MLB team will develop a song/cheer for each of their home heroes like the Japanese do. That was cool!

Last edited:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Puerto Rico played the Rockies last week @ spring training and the Rockies soundly defeated them. (This was the first spring training game I attended - only 6k people there, was kinda disappointed at the turn out.) I'm shocked they are undefeated so far.

Members online