Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

@@~~~~~~~~@@@~~~MONDAY MORNING THREAD~~~@@@~~~~~~~~@@

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Lol I always say these things are orchestrated by the supermarkets to clear their shelves, then we will just get like an inch or two, and everything you bought will go bad cuz you bought so much for storm prep, and then you'll have to go back and buy more

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Milk, eggs & bread ..... French Toast seems to be the go to choice for every snow storm.

Fordman

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I feel for you guys out east. But after 2 big snows out here in the Midwest, I'm glad somebody else gets to deal with it now. Had 18 inches in one day late January and then 22 inches just a couple of weeks ago

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Mornin' peeps! Wife and son are gone on a mission project until tomorrow night. Meanwhile, I'm busting 9.5 1/1's from their cases.

break95.jpg

#noregrets :)

victory1of1.jpg

[MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION] WOW - Do you foster kiddos?

Do you need a chainsaw to do that?? :lol:

Nice card :cool:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
We do 48 hour emergency/transitional foster care. When a child is first taken from their parents, they go to us until a suitable relative can be found for them. If no suitable relative is found, then child then enters the foster care system. We take in around 6-12 kids a month. We meet ODJFS at pick up/drop off points, quick evaluation, take the child home or to a hospital. Some kids need medical attention, some need mental healthcare, some just need a bath. We give the kid(s) a 48 hour chance to catch their breath. Some of these kids have seen more before they were 10 than I've seen in a lifetime. Sometimes the kid never sees our home if they are hospitalized. We stay with them at the hospital as we have 48 hours guardianship of them. The hospital has to have our permission to treat them and with continued care while they are there. We have some kids that are in as bad as shape as their parents, they usually end up in juvenile detention (as we had last night). We do training every year for it. It pays $13 a day. My employer has allowed me to take FMLA at a moments notice and 'GO' when called. They dont even ask to see the paperwork or make me use FMLA anymore.

Fordman
I worked with delinquent male teens for years. Therefore I really appreciate what you do to help!!!!!
DANNY

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning kiddies

Getting the MARCH MADNESS contest semi filled slowly :lol: but it's all good if we only hit the 34 by Tuesday or the 32 by Thursday. It's going to happen no matter how many get in.

heading out to the store for some provisions to make some lasagna tonight for dinner.

And a shout out to Alex [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION] for trying to get us to at least 34 for the mid week games of my contest.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
[MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION] you have such a beautiful heart. That is absolutely incredible! The world needs more folks like you to do what you do.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I really can't hear anymore about snow or "state of emergency". If you cant handle living in an area that might get a foot of snow or more at once than go somewhere else. I'll never understand it, lived it New England my whole life, I've never been surprised when it snowed, yet it seems like everyone else treats it like it's the end of days! I might just move to get away from these people.

Just to be clear, this isn't aimed at anyone here, i dealt with snow talk at work all day and couldn't vent there.

Last edited:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I really can't hear anymore about snow or "state of emergency". If you cant handle living in an area that might get a foot of snow or more at once than go somewhere else. I'll never understand it, lived it New England my whole life, I've never been surprised when it snowed, yet it seems like everyone else treats it like it's the end of days! I might just move to get away from these people.

Exactly.

The only time where you actually have to worry is if an ice storm is on route...those hit hard (see: 2008), thankfully they are quite rare.

Otherwise, the October Nor'Easters are the ones that do some heavy damage:

storm046.jpg

storm045.jpg

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Just won a card on ebay but afraid to pay because last time I paid right away I missed out on $22 ebay bucks :mad:

Members online