Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would you handle this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
You're at a show looking through a dealers box labeled:
$5 each card or 5/$20

You buy 12 cards, how much should you be charged?

DTA

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
You're at a show looking through a dealers box labeled:
$5 each card or 5/$20

You buy 12 cards, how much should you be charged?

DTA

$50? 10 cards gets you $40, then two additional is another $10 according to the parameters you gave

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
I really want to know the answer to this . It has to be a) $48 b) $50 c) seller is crazy greedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
48 or less... once you get to the 5 or more, the per card drops to $4. You don't go back up in price on the 1st two once the minimum for a price break is reached. ***also I would and would think there may be at least another 5% or so discount that could be negotiated, though not a guarentee, so that would be $45 basically

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
So this is what happened, he charged $50.

My friend was surprised that the seller wouldn't budge but still paid the $50 because it was a good deal for what he bought.

When I owned a store, I would have told the buyer $45 (instead of $48) with absolutely no thought of $50. That's comical and bad business practice in my opinion to charge $50.

DTA

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
As a buyer, I'd expect to pay $50, but as a seller, if they want it for $45-48 is it really worth the hassel. I'd rather have the money vs risking losing a sale over a few bucks.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
48 or less... once you get to the 5 or more, the per card drops to $4. You don't go back up in price on the 1st two once the minimum for a price break is reached. ***also I would and would think there may be at least another 5% or so discount that could be negotiated, though not a guarentee, so that would be $45 basically

Ryan

I didn't even think about it being a per-card deal until I read this. I think this is well said.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I would have expected to hear $50 and been prepared to pay it, but would have lost nothing by asking, "would you do all 12 for $40?" The expected responses would have been "sure", "how about $45" or "no, my price comes to $50 - that's what I want". I would have been satisfied with any of the three answers.

Jul 22, 2016
You have to ask to get money off, you can't expect to get a discount just because you think so. Speak up. Why everyone thinks they deserve a discount just because is beyond me. Being a nice guy in business will make you feel good but make you broke.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
You have to ask to get money off, you can't expect to get a discount just because you think so. Speak up. Why everyone thinks they deserve a discount just because is beyond me. Being a nice guy in business will make you feel good but make you broke.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
I don't think anyone has mentioned that the cost shouldn't have been at least 45-48. Being in business and not realizing $4 xs 12 is $48 and not $50 doesn't have anything to do with a "deal".

Ryan

Members online