Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

disappointing 52 topps Willie mays PSA 9 sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I just noticed this blurb in their auction...

•Help us maintain eBay as the finest auction venue in the hobby. Please notify PWCC of any suspicious behavior by sending an email to our bid monitoring team and we will respond. The bid monitoring team's contact information can be found on the PWCC website under the "About" tab. Or, you can simply send us a message through the eBay message system.

Have they always done that or is it new?

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I suspect it's new, although I'm not a PWCC follower. If it is new, it's probably because of recent happenings over on Net54. Brent did not come out of it looking good at all.

http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=234837 (the 4th most-replied-to thread in recent Net54 history)

http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=177743

Brent has been putting things into place for a while and is supposed to be working with eBay on the issue. Some on net54 feel it's just to protect his image. I've sold through Brent and have items on tap for his next listing and the feeling I've gotten from him (in person at the Nationals and having him sell for me so limited exposure) is that he's a good guy who wants things right.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Brent has been putting things into place for a while and is supposed to be working with eBay on the issue. Some on net54 feel it's just to protect his image. I've sold through Brent and have items on tap for his next listing and the feeling I've gotten from him (in person at the Nationals and having him sell for me so limited exposure) is that he's a good guy who wants things right.

consignors are often in a no-win situation since as time goes on those trying to pump up their own auctions get smarter and smarter. Ebay does no one any favors by also hiding the identities of the bidders. the hobby community wants transparency but that's extremely difficult when the vehicle keeps most information hidden.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
consignors are often in a no-win situation since as time goes on those trying to pump up their own auctions get smarter and smarter. Ebay does no one any favors by also hiding the identities of the bidders. the hobby community wants transparency but that's extremely difficult when the vehicle keeps most information hidden.

Agreed.

On the Mays, there's a PSA 9 up with Goldin auctions that's at 200k (before buyers premium) we'll be able to compare shortly. I know there was definitely talk about investment funds buying some of these cards over the last couple of years. I wonder whether they still are, and if not whether that will affect the market on the highest end cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online