Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Beware of PWCC eBay listing for '89 Bowman Tiffany Griffey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beware of PWCC eBay listing for '89 Bowman Tiffany Griffey

Not sure how best to warn people but PWCC is knowingly listing a damaged 1989 Bowman Tiffany Griffey card here : https://www.ebay.com/itm/142303805845

I purchased this card last November and there was significant damage to an edge due to the card being loose in the holder. After going through eBay I was finally able to return it but it seems they have relisted it once it rolled of eBay's history.

I emailed them from a different account asking why they relisted it and they stated that it was due to a non paying bidder.

please beware of this card/ seller
    Last edited by Rotel; 03-15-2017 at 11:43 AM.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    do you have a pic of the card when it was in your hands?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't surprise me with some of the recent issues with these guys recently.
    Last edited by mrdallas; 03-15-2017 at 01:44 PM.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not asking him to prove anything.

Just want all the info possible.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't say you were. Edited my initial post for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    do you have a pic of the card when it was in your hands?
    This is the only picture I could find at the moment-unfortunately it was compressed by my eBay outbox. This is one of four I sent them. It's hard to tell from this compressed picture but that dent is very noticeable in person.
    http://imgur.com/a/pVQLI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt that it moved in that case since encapsulation. I thought imperfections from the factory cutting process were not considered defective in graded cards from this era.

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    I highly doubt that it moved in that case since encapsulation. I thought imperfections from the factory cutting process were not considered defective in graded cards from this era.
    I was having trouble figuring out how that could be from the slab.

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/phillyfan0417/

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by athletics07 View Post
    I respectfully disagree in this case. The card was fairly loose and the dent rested perfectly along the holders edge.

Below is there response saying that the card had never been returned.

http://imgur.com/a/0mW66

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see why you wouldn't want that item, as you were looking for the card to match the grade. I don't think the ding going in was a factory cutting issue like the part that are excess that extend past the border. Not sure it happened from moving around either. The pic PWCC def doesn't show it well. It's hard as the consignor as the grade given is what it is. Not sure what the best route is.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

BIG THANKS TO JBEL4431 FOR THE BANNERS

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotel View Post
    I respectfully disagree in this case. The card was fairly loose and the dent rested perfectly along the holders edge.

This card is sleeved, yes?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the best way to handle this may be to just email them from the same account not a different one as you stated earlier. Explain to them the situation and see how they handle it. The way you messaged from a different account their response can easily be explained away. As more than likely this is a staple response that they email out and they will just say that we consign so many items we have no way of doing the actual research to determine every card we list has not been listed before.

Specifically state that YOU bought the card, returned it and why. If they still do not do anything about it, it would make the intentions that much more clear. (If they pull it down or at least add a disclaimer then that would be good. Either way, that sucks cause that would have been a great card to own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdallas View Post
    IMO the best way to handle this may be to just email them from the same account not a different one as you stated earlier. Explain to them the situation and see how they handle it. The way you messaged from a different account their response can easily be explained away. As more than likely this is a staple response that they email out and they will just say that we consign so many items we have no way of doing the actual research to determine every card we list has not been listed before.

Specifically state that YOU bought the card, returned it and why. If they still do not do anything about it, it would make the intentions that much more clear. (If they pull it down or at least add a disclaimer then that would be good. Either way, that sucks cause that would have been a great card to own.
    I sent them an email with the original account. I will update if I get a reply.

I was very dissapointed since the centering is better than most PSA 10s that I've seen. Seemed like an easy cross over to PSA too.

It seems that some on here don't agree that the indent is even an issue which actually makes me feel better because I'd hate for someone to get burned on this.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent them an email with the original account. I will update if I get a reply.

I was very dissapointed since the centering is better than most PSA 10s that I've seen. Seemed like an easy cross over to PSA too.

It seems that some on here don't agree that the indent is even an issue which actually makes me feel better because I'd hate for someone to get burned on this.
    Curious if you ever heard a response on this