Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2001 Fleer Pujols Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
This auction is up on Ebay right now and his autograph seems incredibly feminine to me. I know there's been debate on just how many of these he signed. Amy ideas? Fake? Authentic?

051ae065edf3bd784389319de7fa4ba9.jpg

6aa3720291dc75dc282df4716b86bc4d.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
One thing you have to remember, is that he was a rookie if/when he signed this. Pujols was probably still just getting his signature down, as he was probably only 35 at the time. :lol:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
That's a forgery.

The original was a redemption and maybe 60 got redeemed. They have really tight signatures near the bottom of the card.

At the fleer bankruptcy these got out and were signed by someone who, knowing the "authentication" on the card itself would keep people from questioning, didn't even try to make it look real.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
That's a forgery.

The original was a redemption and maybe 60 got redeemed. They have really tight signatures near the bottom of the card.

At the fleer bankruptcy these got out and were signed by someone who, knowing the "authentication" on the card itself would keep people from questioning, didn't even try to make it look real.

Where did the number 60 come from. Sure, some went unfulfilled but this seems to be a stretch

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Where did the number 60 come from. Sure, some went unfulfilled but this seems to be a stretch

Don't recall but that was the number thrown around for years.

The fact that the redemption expired pretty quickly played a role in the quantity redeemed.

Members online

Latest posts