Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone use silica packs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone store their cards with silica packs placed in the box? I've recently had to store my collection in my half finished basement and some one mentioned in a Facebook group that they use the packs for humidity. I live in Philadelphia, PA for a reference on how the seasons change. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I would use them. At work, we pack parts and use them to keep moisture down. If your cards are in penny sleeves, 9 pocket pages or 1 touch holders inside another box, not too much to worry about. Paper naturally attracts moisture.

Fordman

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Silica packs will work. Depending on how many cards you have or how you store them, they do make mini dehumidifiers. I use one in my gun safe which is also where I keep some of my cards and it works great. I live in Central Florida and it can get super humid in the summertime (and even wintertime as well). This week the lows have been in the high 30's and next week we'll probably be in the 90's.

Members online