Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: Does this make a difference to you?

DrSchlong
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this make a difference to you?

Hi All,
    In a small debate with a friend about memorabilia. My PC guy, Jay Bruce uses Louisville Slugger bats. I see all over eBay and at card shows those Rawlings 'Big Stick' and other brand bats signed by players that dont use those brands. When getting a bat signed, do you feel you should use the brand the player uses? Louisville Slugger makes a line of bats with player names on them that retail for about $30-$50 (depends on where you buy them).

or if it's 'OK' with the player to sign other brands of bats, should it matter if it's a LS brand or not?

Fordman

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When I did signings I always tried to match model.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    a matched model is nice and adds an extra flair but not necessary, at least to me.
    **looking for Sweet spot, game ball and sweet sigs autos off my needs list.**

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first signings I paid for I was very cash poor. So much so after I bought the tickets I didn't have enough to buy the bat without borrowing from a friend...Didn't think it through well. So I have a cheapo Manny Ramirez model bat with Jim Rice and Johnny Pesky autos.
    Funny story with Pesky, he was amazing at the show and he was making fun of Manny when he saw my bat because Manny wasn't as tough as the guys that played back when he did. It was great, best signer I've ever seen.
    Looking at that bat now, I have zero cares about the model, but I'll always remember and love that interaction with Mr. Red Sox.

zc3009
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think part of it is the fact that the Rawlings Big Sticks are easier to find for most guys. I know when I was at TwinsFest there were a couple of dealers set up with Big Sticks for sale
    [CENTER]Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

richandsheryl
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me I'd try and match what the player is using if I was getting a bat signed.
    Note I have no bats signed by any MLB player at this moment.
    -Richard-

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fordman View Post
    Hi All,
    In a small debate with a friend about memorabilia. My PC guy, Jay Bruce uses Louisville Slugger bats. I see all over eBay and at card shows those Rawlings 'Big Stick' and other brand bats signed by players that dont use those brands. When getting a bat signed, do you feel you should use the brand the player uses? Louisville Slugger makes a line of bats with player names on them that retail for about $30-$50 (depends on where you buy them).

or if it's 'OK' with the player to sign other brands of bats, should it matter if it's a LS brand or not?

Fordman
    I think it's "OK" for people to get other brands signed. Now for my collection I personally want it to be signed on a player model of the bat brand they use or have used when they played.