Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does this make a difference to you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Hi All,
In a small debate with a friend about memorabilia. My PC guy, Jay Bruce uses Louisville Slugger bats. I see all over eBay and at card shows those Rawlings 'Big Stick' and other brand bats signed by players that dont use those brands. When getting a bat signed, do you feel you should use the brand the player uses? Louisville Slugger makes a line of bats with player names on them that retail for about $30-$50 (depends on where you buy them).

or if it's 'OK' with the player to sign other brands of bats, should it matter if it's a LS brand or not?

Fordman

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
The first signings I paid for I was very cash poor. So much so after I bought the tickets I didn't have enough to buy the bat without borrowing from a friend...Didn't think it through well. So I have a cheapo Manny Ramirez model bat with Jim Rice and Johnny Pesky autos.
Funny story with Pesky, he was amazing at the show and he was making fun of Manny when he saw my bat because Manny wasn't as tough as the guys that played back when he did. It was great, best signer I've ever seen.
Looking at that bat now, I have zero cares about the model, but I'll always remember and love that interaction with Mr. Red Sox.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I think part of it is the fact that the Rawlings Big Sticks are easier to find for most guys. I know when I was at TwinsFest there were a couple of dealers set up with Big Sticks for sale

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
For me I'd try and match what the player is using if I was getting a bat signed.
Note I have no bats signed by any MLB player at this moment.

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Hi All,
In a small debate with a friend about memorabilia. My PC guy, Jay Bruce uses Louisville Slugger bats. I see all over eBay and at card shows those Rawlings 'Big Stick' and other brand bats signed by players that dont use those brands. When getting a bat signed, do you feel you should use the brand the player uses? Louisville Slugger makes a line of bats with player names on them that retail for about $30-$50 (depends on where you buy them).

or if it's 'OK' with the player to sign other brands of bats, should it matter if it's a LS brand or not?

Fordman

I think it's "OK" for people to get other brands signed. Now for my collection I personally want it to be signed on a player model of the bat brand they use or have used when they played.

Members online