Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I want you all to see my balls.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I mentioned a few months back that I was getting a head start on my Sports/Man Cave. I've finally gotten around to authenticating and labeling a lot of my signed baseballs. I have 2 of these "Home Plate" displays, and try to fill them with players in a somewhat chronological order. Here is the modern case, with signatures of legends from the 1970s through today. (With only 60 available slots, I try to only fill them with authenticated signatures of the "best of the best."

Without further adieu,

balls2.jpgballs1.jpg

A closer:

balls3.jpgballs4.jpgballs5.jpg

Now, I've never been a huge Jeter fan, but as a baseball fan, I accept that he is recognized as one of the "best" of my generation. I did everything I could to include him in my frame. I even had a label ready for him....

balls7.jpg

But the baseball gods had other plans, as the most recent PSA/DNA batch yielded just one "Not Genuine."

balls 8.jpg

I did all I could. I guess he just doesn't belong with the greats. :)

Thanks for looking. (Keep your eyes peeled for my "old balls" post to check out the more vintage guys)

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Awesome display, better thread title!

Just to be clear was PSA/DNA saying the signature or Jeter himself was "not genuine", as a Sox fan he always seemed kinda phoney to me :D

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Awesome display, better thread title!

Just to be clear was PSA/DNA saying the signature or Jeter himself was "not genuine", as a Sox fan he always seemed kinda phoney to me :D

Haha, I knew I shouldn't have submitted for "character authentication"

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Wasn't sure where to throw this pic so I figured I'd steal your thread Goob

Friend I know has this and I grabbed a pic today, it's JSA LOA, I would love to get it from him someday. It's on a clean William Harridge ball. Single signed and about the best example I've seen. Just thought it was worth sharing.

f28197f55937333a95a0d9ef84cd395e.jpg

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Last edited:

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Wasn't sure where to through this pic so I figured I'd steal your thread Goob

Friend I know has this and I grabbed a pic today, it's JSA LOA, I would love to get it from him someday. It's on a clean William Harridge ball. Single signed and about the best example I've seen. Just thought it was worth sharing.

f28197f55937333a95a0d9ef84cd395e.jpg

Ryan

Oh my. I have Williams, Mantle, DiMaggio, Aaron, Mays... but Speaker definitely belongs in the higher tier... the tier that Ive pretty much written off as ever owning. Gorgeous ball

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Oh my. I have Williams, Mantle, DiMaggio, Aaron, Mays... but Speaker definitely belongs in the higher tier... the tier that Ive pretty much written off as ever owning. Gorgeous ball
Oh yeah, it's a tier I'll prob never touch either. Id guess this falls in the 10-15k range. Your collection is great and those guys you mentioned you have are about as good as it gets. I know there was discussion of what early sigs can bring and their premium. SigAuctions.com has a early Mays up right now that is $600 + that would be nice to own.

Ryan