Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

@@~~~~~~~~@@@~~~THURSDAY MORNING THREAD~~~@@@~~~~~~~~@@

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all

attachment.php

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Have a day back at the office today. Kinda nice not to be driving this morning, and it will be even nicer when I'm home at 5, instead of 5:30 or 6 tonight. Looked at 3 houses yesterday. One was definitely a huge fixer upper that I didn't want to mess with. It still has the old coil radiators for heat, and the boiler had been red tagged. Way too much work that needed to be done for my liking. If I had the time and the resources it would have been a viable option at the price. The 2nd house we looked at was great. So great in fact, that we are going to look at it with some family tomorrow afternoon as well. One other house on the market within our price range that we are looking at tomorrow afternoon as well

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
hi all
Zac good.luck. solid foundation, roof heat and hot water. everything else is cake after that.
just moved into the place we bought the beginning of march. closed mid January and had 6 weeks to get it liveable. new furnace, propane, on demand hot water, floors taken out with new underlayment/carpet/vinyl, complete new kitchen (just put the new cupboards in last week) a few new/rebuild walls. and all new windows and electrical plugs/switches and fixtures. only thing I didn't do myself was the on demand hot water heater, the windows and carpet because of time and proper equipmemt.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
hi all
Zac good.luck. solid foundation, roof heat and hot water. everything else is cake after that.
just moved into the place we bought the beginning of march. closed mid January and had 6 weeks to get it liveable. new furnace, propane, on demand hot water, floors taken out with new underlayment/carpet/vinyl, complete new kitchen (just put the new cupboards in last week) a few new/rebuild walls. and all new windows and electrical plugs/switches and fixtures. only thing I didn't do myself was the on demand hot water heater, the windows and carpet because of time and proper equipmemt.

Yeah, the one that we want to look at again, the furnace was new 2014, central air was put in just this year, roof was new 3 or 4 years ago, and the house itself was built in 1978. The best part is that it has a room for all of my stuff. There are 4 bedrooms, but the 4th one is small, so we were thinking that if we were to go this route, we could make it either an office, or possibly knock the wall out and open up the family room a little more, giving me room to eventually put a pool table in the house (she's not fond of that idea, but I have a lead on one already lol). But, if it's a load bearing wall I'd just rather leave as is

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
hshshs if you buy it (the pool table) your already committed ;)

My dad's friend is considering getting rid of his. I'd be able to get it fairly cheap from him. The only problem would be figuring out how to get it here haha. My buddies and I played a lot of pool while going to school, as the school had 5 pool tables in the student center. The last semester I was there we would go there right after our 2.5-3 hour class and play for an hour or two

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
My dad's friend is considering getting rid of his. I'd be able to get it fairly cheap from him. The only problem would be figuring out how to get it here haha. My buddies and I played a lot of pool while going to school, as the school had 5 pool tables in the student center. The last semester I was there we would go there right after our 2.5-3 hour class and play for an hour or two
friend of mine PAID his way thru UNC shooting pool . I played poker / shot pool for about a year for a living .

Latest posts