Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Check out my old balls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I prefer "vintage" or "classic" or "historic." Whatever you call it, here are my signed balls from older guys (1930s-1970s)

oldballs2.jpgoldballs3.jpg

I did something a little different with these. In addition to the labels, I added an action photo in the background.

oldballs4.jpg oldballs5.jpg

oldballs6.jpg

Kinda cool when the balls are out of the case, but a little difficult to see when the balls are put away.

Last edited:

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Can't see the pics, your balls are in the way. ;)

Very nice player selection. Are they arranged in any particular order?

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
The idea of complimenting your balls makes me uncomfortable. They are, however, nicely hung.

(I can't even believe I typed that)

All joking aside, fantastic. Keep them out the light though. It would be a shame to have them fade on you.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
The idea of complimenting your balls makes me uncomfortable. They are, however, nicely hung.

(I can't even believe I typed that) - Nicely done :)

All joking aside, fantastic. Keep them out the light though. It would be a shame to have them fade on you.

I know, I know. It's that stupid line in the sand - I want them out to enjoy them, but I don't want them to fade. They are on the same wall as a window, so the direct sunlight doesn't hit them. Also the glass is UV coated... but I think I'm just telling myself all of that to feel better. Does anyone have experiences with displaying balls without them fading?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I have a small display with a couple bats and two balls...I swear it's the real number, not meant for more jokes...It's in a room where we just happen to keep the only window blind closed about 98% of the time. I've seen some fading but it's minimal. Those balls haven't moved in seven years. I'd provide more info but my immaturity just won't allow it.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Very impressive collection of names there and a nice display!

Who else are you hoping to get to add to this collection?

I'd love to add a Roberto Clemente, but of all the modern (40s to present) players, he's the most expensive.

Eventually I'd like to get signed balls of more old timers, however I don't know how comfortable I'd be displaying a Cy Young or Ty Cobb baseball out in the elements.

Members online

No members online now.