Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Be Aware of this Seller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998 SPx

Jun 11, 2014
Going through an annoying experience with a seller. Earlier today, using "Buy It Now", I purchased a George Brett 1/1 National Treasures card for $140.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Nation...1-/152484610566?ssPageName=ADME:X:BCF:US:3160

After I paid for the item, eBay shows the paid screen with photos of other items they feel I may be interested in. Amazingly, the exact card I just purchased shows up in one of the photos.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Nation...943500?hash=item3d34afd48c:g:fyUAAOSwWxNYt4Vj

So I go back and check the auction I purchased. Sure enough, the seller has zero feedback. I requested a cancellation and made a phone call to eBay, reporting what I believe to be a scammer. They said I was protected with the buyer protection agreement, but that I need to wait to see if the seller will grant my cancellation request first. Sure enough, the seller denied my cancellation request, stating that the card has already been mailed out.

I know I'll get my money back at some point, but it's still a hassle. Thank goodness the second auction popped up when I made the payment.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Reply back to him that you are notifying the USPS for Mail Fraud..

Internet Fraud

The Internet is teeming with fraudulent schemes, and swindlers find it easy to exploit innocent victims online. Fraud on the Internet results in mail fraud when “cyberscammers” receive payments and ship items via the U.S. Mail.

For example, winners of online auctions may never receive the advertised item: After dishonest sellers receive payment, they fail to ship the item. Online crooks use the anonymity offered by the Internet and a rented address at a commercial mail receiving agency to hide their identities. In general, it can be difficult to know with whom you are dealing when conducting business online.

Cyberscammers may also bid on their own auction items, under another user ID, to raise bid amounts. Or they may contact bidders from an auction to inform them that the winner failed to make payment and the item is still available. Again, despite a mailed-in payment, no merchandise is sent. The advantage to con artists using this tactic is that the online auction site is not involved and the victim is unable to seek help with the problem.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Whoops. Totally misinterpreted your post.

Didn't realize it was another REAL seller that re-listed the card you just bought.

Last edited:

Latest posts