Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

a couple nice hits on closeout blasters...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
with the last shop here shutting down almost 7 years ago , 99% of what i open myself now consists of whatever blasters i can find at wal-mart or target which means fighting the retail odds....lately due to financial issues even that has meant mostly just hoping to find a decent discounted box but that usually means a garbage product....

beginning just after christmas , i've actually been on a fairly good run across multiple products and sports....

first up , from a topps holiday box came this :
jacob degrom 2016 topps holiday snowflake auto 2-10.jpg
jacob degrom 2016 topps holiday snowflake auto 2-10 back.jpg
2/10

a few days later in a contenders football box i hit a kenny lawler cracked ice auto /24 (no scan - card sold to a local seattle fan) ....granted he's not a big name , but since i only buy retail now , it was my first cracked ice auto in any sport....

the same week i broke a donruss optic mega box and hit a regular dak prescott rated rookie as well as the mega box exclusive red and yellow holofoil (again no scans of these as they were sold immediately to a local dallas fanatic)

bought very little over the next few weeks but earlier this month stopped on the way home from a decent day at the market and found exactly one discounted blaster....it was a product i think LOOKS great , but i knew the odds were long of getting anything worthwhile.....i actually picked the box up and set it back down 3-4 times before finally deciding to gamble....so glad i did ....

2016 diamond kings joc pederson green framed dual relic auto 3-5 001.jpg
2016 diamond kings joc pederson green framed dual relic auto 3-5 003.jpg
3/5

fast forward to tonight and though i really couldn't afford it , i picked up 2 discounted hanger boxes...the 2015 topps baseball yielded nothing special , but the 2016 heritage box really made my decision pay off ....i knew it was a nice card , but the BV and limited sales records i could find blew my mind...

2016 topps heritage clubhouse collection auto relic jose altuve 13-25.jpg
2016 topps heritage clubhouse collection auto relic jose altuve 13-25 back.jpg
13/25

common sense dictates that i need money and should move both of these beauties , but as a huge fan of both of these guys i'll probably be still holding them when they're worth about 5 bucks each a few years from now....

Last edited:

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
and the streak continues 1....

on the way home from bowling tonight i grabbed a discounted blaster of 2016 bowman and hit another incredibly long odds (1:21,891) parallel....

2016 bowman metallic max scherzer 1/1
2016 bowman metallic max scherzer 1-1.jpg
2016 bowman metallic max scherzer 1-1 back.jpg