User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An eBay complaint

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendersonfan View Post
    Seller can sit for 3 days before actually sending.
    Or 14 days...

What do you want the PO or eBay to do? It does say "label generated and awaiting pickup", "acceptance scan" and such when shipper does actually receives it. So they are actually doing all they can. They can't control actions of the seller.
    ebay isn't doing all it can. As I said in my other post, ebay shouldn't mark the item in their system as shipped (or give the buyer a shipped notification email/mobile alert) until the USPS tracking shows the item is accepted rather than when USPS tracking shows label created. Sellers get 3 days -- or 21 days -- to ship the item while getting ebay credit for having shipped it when they haven't.

Hendersonfan
     Hendersonfan24
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last items I've bought says label has been created.
    Ballz In The Kitchen <<<<<<< LINK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I get in on the complaining?

Just sold two items to the same buyer. Happened to be online when the auctions ended, so I sent a combined invoice requesting he pay for them both at the same time (unsaid, but so I wouldn't be docked the extra 30 cents by Paypal and to make it easier to send them both in the same envelope).

15 minutes later I check my email...yep, two separate Paypal payments from the same guy. Got docked the 30 cents each time, and I wasn't sure if I had to then send them separately with separate tracking numbers to prove they were both sent, which of course for a lightweight item almost doubles the shipping cost because of economies of scale.

Refunded payment via Paypal. But, hey, guess what, Paypal docked me 29 cents each time for the refund transaction.

Emailed him with the Ebay email address on file, and it bounced back to me.

I sent him an updated invoice which includes the extra 58 cents I'm out now, and haven't heard back.

Way too much work ....all because someone either can't take the time time to read.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anytime I have ever had to refund an item, PP returns it all. It breaks it down where the refund is coming from l, meaning some directly from u and some from the fees you paid from the original transaction. You sure you got hit again?

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Positive they kept 29 cents cents for a "refund transaction" fee. Unreal and silly.

By the way, I know it's only 60 cents, so it's not like its breaking the bank or anything, it's just the principle of it.

Am I wrong though, that if someone pays you separately with two different Paypal transactions, that you had to generate two different shipping confirmations codes (essentially pay for shipping twice)?

If I'm sending something for $2.70 but have to send essentially the same weight twice, it's going to cost me $2.70 times two, versus the items being in the same envelope, which might equate to $3.80 or something thereabouts.
    Last edited by brian26; 04-03-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brian26 View Post
    Positive they kept 29 cents cents for a "refund transaction" fee. Unreal and silly.
    Wow, had never seen that.

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original Payment:
    Purchase total$9.89
    Fee-negative $0.59
    Total$9.30

Refund:
    Refund details
    Total refunded to xxxxxxxx $9.89
    Fee reversal-negative $0.29
    Total paid by you $9.60

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 cents.

So Paypal kept the original 30-cent transaction fee on each of them (not the 0.029% fee, which was refunded). Made 60 cents off me on both of those.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was also a time you could get a bidder's phone number or email address by entering his Ebay ID and transaction number, but that seems to have been disabled.

Unable to access contact information

Unfortunately, you are unable to access the contact information you requested. This can be due to a number of reasons:

1. To better protect the privacy of eBay users, you can only request contact information for eBay users who are involved in your recent, successful transactions. Examples are:
    Sellers can request the contact information for the buyer in a successful, closed transaction.
    Buyers can request the contact information for a seller in a successful, closed transaction.
    2. The item number entered is not associated with the User ID that was entered. View the item you entered and make sure the item number and User ID you entered are correct.

3. The item number you entered is no longer available. Contact information is only available while the item is accessible on eBay.

4. The user you are requesting contact information for is an International user. Due to International laws, contact information for International users may be limited.

If you would like to contact this user, you can send a message via eBay's email forwarding system by clicking on their User ID.

Additional site navigation

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I wrong though, that if someone pays you separately with two different Paypal transactions, that you had to generate two different shipping confirmations codes (essentially pay for shipping twice)?

nope....if you notice , on the ebay page showing your sales records there is an option beneath each item to enter tracking information....you could have simply printed the first label and then manually entered the same tracking number for the additional item.....while that would save you the extra shipping charge and technically cover you with tracking info , it could also cause your buyer to be upset over paying two full shipping charges and seeing that you doubled up and pocketed the difference...personally when this has happened to me i have always made sure i contacted the buyer first to see if they were willing to accept a refund and then re-pay ...if they opt to leave things alone or if i can't contact them within 48 hours , i absorb the minor extra fee and ship multiple packages just to cover myself

fwiw - similarly , if you're shipping something that doesn't fit in a single bubble mailer or box you have the option to print multiple labels for the same order....
    Looking for South Carolina Gamec0cks (I collect ALL , but top priorities are Renaldo Balkman , Steve Pearce , Dunta Robinson , Ko Simpson , Marcus Robinson , John Abraham , Fred Bennett , Johnathan Joseph , Syvelle Newton , Cory Boyd , Troy Williamson , Jared Cook , Duce Staley , Kenny McKinley , and Sidney Rice)
    Master set projects : football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , and 2004 Fleer Tradition - baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I get in on the complaining?

Just sold two items to the same buyer. Happened to be online when the auctions ended, so I sent a combined invoice requesting he pay for them both at the same time (unsaid, but so I wouldn't be docked the extra 30 cents by Paypal and to make it easier to send them both in the same envelope).

15 minutes later I check my email...yep, two separate Paypal payments from the same guy. Got docked the 30 cents each time, and I wasn't sure if I had to then send them separately with separate tracking numbers to prove they were both sent, which of course for a lightweight item almost doubles the shipping cost because of economies of scale.

Refunded payment via Paypal. But, hey, guess what, Paypal docked me 29 cents each time for the refund transaction.

Emailed him with the Ebay email address on file, and it bounced back to me.

I sent him an updated invoice which includes the extra 58 cents I'm out now, and haven't heard back.

Way too much work ....all because someone either can't take the time time to read.
    I think I can top that. I had 3 Yankee auctions listed BIN a few months back, all under the most recent sells. Buyer contacts me and and wants major discount to buy all three since they all had free shipping. I said I'd knock 3 bucks off each and ship all together. He said he thought it was too much still. This guy then buys all 3 but one at a time and not until AFTER USPS had accepted the pervious one. I guess that was his way of sticking it to me for not going cheaper, after fees and 3 different shipping labels I learned my lesson

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an example

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12