Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1st Quarter 2017 Ebay Bucks - How are you liking the new program?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It really is hard to complain about something for nothing. I would still buy the same items without the program and get nothing more. With the program, I now have a few bucks to buy more things.

I never get any of the special promotions for some reason, so I only earn the standard 1% on my purchases. The reward system doesn't influence my buying habits at all, so I simply am happy with the rebate at the end of the quarter, HOWEVER I do miss having double to spend! This is especially true this quarter, as I treated myself to a rare higher end purchase that is normally well above my spending level. It arrived yesterday, but at work, so I won't see it until Monday. I'll try to share it somewhere, perhaps a new thread or on the pick-up thread.

How did you fare this quarter?

Apr 13, 2010
Nothing as I didn't reach the $5 minimum. Thankfully, that minimum is going away starting today!

On a side note, I have never received any of the special promotion offers. I receive every notification possible and have perfect feedback. I stopped buying for awhile, nothing. I started selling more, nothing. Never figured it out.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I signed up for the program in December and missed several promos that were mentioned on here by others. There is a thread that explains what needs to be checked in order to receive the offers. I followed those instructions and haven't missed one since. I'll try to find that one and I'll link it here, unless someone beats me to it
Aside from that I love the program and I've found it has started to influence my buys. I'll make my smaller purchases whenever but I try to hold off on others for the promos. I ended up with about $30 in bucks.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
I'll take the 1% all day as the standard so long as they keep the seller bucks going! $200+ alone in seller bucks. It helps with my hoarding.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'm kind of surprised that many people didn't receive a lot of the promos. I signed up for Ebay Bucks near the end of January and haven't bought anything on Ebay for the past 5 years and I got every promotion they offered in that time span.

This quarter was frustrating for me because I missed a couple 10% bucks promos a day after I bought some pricier cards, so I should have like $80ish to spend, but alas I only have $32. Still, can't complain about free money! I'm tying to decide what to spend it on now...looking at a few cards at the moment.

Kid4hof03

Jan 10, 2014
Burlington, NJ
This was the highest payout I've ever had. Like others have said, the sellers bonus was really nice, definitely motivated me to list a few things I was putting off for no good reason.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nope, I have my communications set exactly as it is discussed. Everyone doesn't get all of the promotions and it is a mystery to me how it works, but I don't get them. I spend plenty & I buy consistently, so why am I not rewarded with special perks like so many others? Who the F&@K knows…certainly not me.

As I said, you can't really complain about free money you otherwise wouldn't get, but if I had to pay a fee for the right to receive ebay bucks like it was a pay to play program or I had other choices (like different credit cards that gives miles, cash back, etc), ebay would get the boot because of this.

Here is the link:
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/showthread.php/153252-Helpful-eBay-Bucks-Promotion-Tip

Credit to [MENTION=5670]linuxabuser[/MENTION] for the original thread and getting us free money.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
certificates are here! Under $5 earners like me got a certificate so I'm loving the program! $2.98 and I never took advantage of promo offers as they didn't time with my purchases or they had details that are not how I buy (I rarely spend $50 or more on an item on ebay).

I'm glad the under $5 earners like me didn't have to wait until the 2nd quarter to get their certificates I thought might happen when the changes were announced.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Nope, I have my communications set exactly as it is discussed. Everyone doesn't get all of the promotions and it is a mystery to me how it works, but I don't get them. I spend plenty & I buy consistently, so why am I not rewarded with special perks like so many others? Who the F&@K knows…certainly not me.

As I said, you can't really complain about free money you otherwise wouldn't get, but if I had to pay a fee for the right to receive ebay bucks like it was a pay to play program or I had other choices (like different credit cards that gives miles, cash back, etc), ebay would get the boot because of this.

Exact same thing with me. I don't get it. At least I get my 1% so I guess that's something....

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I spend plenty & I buy consistently, so why am I not rewarded with special perks like so many others? Who the F&@K knows…certainly not me.

cut your spending on ebay for a month and see what happens! ;)

You probably don't get many perks because you're so active on ebay anyway that ebay doesn't find a need to try to entice you to spend more or spend higher amounts per item like they are probably trying to get me to do since I'm so cheap on there.

Members online