Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 topps tribute vs. donruss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I just stopped by my only local card store to help support them by buying some packs. i got one topps tribute and a couple donruss.
I could not believe the junk i pulled from the tribute. for 50 bucks i got a very thick card with a tiny piece of gu where for 4 bucks donruss i got a huge piece of gu.
come one topps .. for 50 bucks give up a bigger piece of GU...

MONTAS, FRANKIE.jpg
POSEY, BUSTER.jpg

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
The Topps $27,000 pack didn't have much more than that, so what do you expect for $50 from Topps? At least it is a new card, and not a stamped card issued years ago or a recycled picture. Yay Donruss!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The Donruss GU piece may be bigger, but the card looks like total ass, both in design and the blank uniform and cap.
The Topps card is beautiful. Not $50 beautiful, but a great looking card.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Id prefer the donruss card if the design was better. Doesn't even need to be licensed, just better looking. But I do agree with the OP, for the $ topps charges, put a bigger piece of jersey material on it

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I know but i like to help support my LCS from time to time

I'm fairly convinced the only people really supporting my LCS are the ones coming in and buying a case of new product. I support the place by buying supplies, sets, and the occasional single or box. But with the minimal margins to be gained, I'm not sure I'm helping much.:eek:

Members online

No members online now.