Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Thread: 2017 Topps Now Road to Opening Day Team sets

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 Topps Now Road to Opening Day Team sets

These were crazy expensive, which kept the print runs extremely low for some teams. This could make things expensive for team and player collectors.

Topps Now team set print runs:

27 Padres
    46 Blue Jays
    30 Rays
    174 Giants
    110 Pirates
    41 A's
    306 Yankees
    334 Mets
    39 Twins
    32 Brewers
    54 Marlins
    221 Dodgers
    181 Indians
    52 Reds
    89 White Sox
    33 Diamondbacks
    85 Angels
    47 Mariners
    63 Braves
    73 Phillies
    70 Tigers
    175 O's
    100 Cardinals
    438 Red Sox
    986 Cubs
    59 Rangers
    179 Astros
    103 Nationals
    38 Rockies

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deaconblues63 View Post
    These were crazy expensive, which kept the print runs extremely low for some teams. This could make things expensive for team and player collectors.
    download the images, print on card stock, probably good enough for personal use of a lot of team collectors!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. There are some pretty low numbers there for teams with good players. Agree it will create an interesting dynamic for player collectors. Also is an interesting barometer for how rabid each team's collector base is.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    download the images, print on card stock, probably good enough for personal use of a lot of team collectors!
    I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but it is hard for me to imagine any serious collector being satisfied with this. Having mouschi make a Grifey Crusade or a 1952 Mantle just wouldn't be the same.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but it is hard for me to imagine any serious collector being satisfied with this. Having mouschi make a Grifey Crusade or a 1952 Mantle just wouldn't be the same.
    I'm referring to the topic of the Topps Now Road to Opening Day sets. If you are a Rockies collector with only like 38 sets claimed, wouldn't you likely be satisfied to print your own for your personal PC rather than hope that someday a Rockies legit set comes up for sale?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 Topps Now Road to Opening Day Team sets

Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    I'm referring to the topic of the Topps Now Road to Opening Day sets. If you are a Rockies collector with only like 38 sets claimed, wouldn't you likely be satisfied to print your own for your personal PC rather than hope that someday a Rockies legit set comes up for sale?
    I would not. Once again, if we are talking about cards printed in limited supply, would a Griffey collector be satisfied with a home printed copy of a Crusade, since there are only 25 copies of each? Would a player collector be happy completing a rainbow with a homemade superfractor? I don't know what would make a team collector any different.

I've honestly never heard of collectors printing their own versions of hard to find cards. I'm not aware of any collectors that print superfractors to complete rainbows. I'm not aware of set collectors that print off the last few cards they need to complete a set. I'm not aware of team collectors that print team sets. I'm not judging. This is just a concept I haven't heard of before and I'm not aware of anyone that collects that way.

Is this something that you do to fill in gaps in your collection? I'm just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    Last edited by deaconblues63; 05-02-2017 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this something that you do to fill in gaps in your collection? I'm just curious.
    I don't do it because there isn't something so limited I want bad enough to want to do it for PC only purposes.