Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Topps Now Road to Opening Day Team sets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
These were crazy expensive, which kept the print runs extremely low for some teams. This could make things expensive for team and player collectors.

Topps Now team set print runs:

27 Padres
46 Blue Jays
30 Rays
174 Giants
110 Pirates
41 A's
306 Yankees
334 Mets
39 Twins
32 Brewers
54 Marlins
221 Dodgers
181 Indians
52 Reds
89 White Sox
33 Diamondbacks
85 Angels
47 Mariners
63 Braves
73 Phillies
70 Tigers
175 O's
100 Cardinals
438 Red Sox
986 Cubs
59 Rangers
179 Astros
103 Nationals
38 Rockies

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
These were crazy expensive, which kept the print runs extremely low for some teams. This could make things expensive for team and player collectors.

download the images, print on card stock, probably good enough for personal use of a lot of team collectors! ;)

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Interesting. There are some pretty low numbers there for teams with good players. Agree it will create an interesting dynamic for player collectors. Also is an interesting barometer for how rabid each team's collector base is.

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
download the images, print on card stock, probably good enough for personal use of a lot of team collectors! ;)

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but it is hard for me to imagine any serious collector being satisfied with this. Having mouschi make a Grifey Crusade or a 1952 Mantle just wouldn't be the same.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but it is hard for me to imagine any serious collector being satisfied with this. Having mouschi make a Grifey Crusade or a 1952 Mantle just wouldn't be the same.

I'm referring to the topic of the Topps Now Road to Opening Day sets. If you are a Rockies collector with only like 38 sets claimed, wouldn't you likely be satisfied to print your own for your personal PC rather than hope that someday a Rockies legit set comes up for sale?

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
I'm referring to the topic of the Topps Now Road to Opening Day sets. If you are a Rockies collector with only like 38 sets claimed, wouldn't you likely be satisfied to print your own for your personal PC rather than hope that someday a Rockies legit set comes up for sale?

I would not. Once again, if we are talking about cards printed in limited supply, would a Griffey collector be satisfied with a home printed copy of a Crusade, since there are only 25 copies of each? Would a player collector be happy completing a rainbow with a homemade superfractor? I don't know what would make a team collector any different.

I've honestly never heard of collectors printing their own versions of hard to find cards. I'm not aware of any collectors that print superfractors to complete rainbows. I'm not aware of set collectors that print off the last few cards they need to complete a set. I'm not aware of team collectors that print team sets. I'm not judging. This is just a concept I haven't heard of before and I'm not aware of anyone that collects that way.

Is this something that you do to fill in gaps in your collection? I'm just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Last edited:

Members online