Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Minor league question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Does anyone know if players on the DL travel with their teams in the minor leagues? Lancaster is in Modesto tonight and I was hoping to meet Brendan Rogers but he's on the DL. Anyone think he'll be there?

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
It just depends on the injury. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. If it's a minor injury/concussion/sprain something like that and it's not a far road trip, or if they are going to be activated in a few days, then good chance they will travel. If it's more severe, and it's a long way to travel, then probably not.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
It just depends on the injury. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. If it's a minor injury/concussion/sprain something like that and it's not a far road trip, or if they are going to be activated in a few days, then good chance they will travel. If it's more severe, and it's a long way to travel, then probably not.
I'm an idiot, he's on the 7 day DL might be active tomorrow. Thank you brotha

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Does anyone know if players on the DL travel with their teams in the minor leagues? Lancaster is in Modesto tonight and I was hoping to meet Brendan Rogers but he's on the DL. Anyone think he'll be there?

From what I notice in a lot of milb cases:

If a player is expected to come off the DL soon, that player should travel with the team.

If it's a paper roster move to free up active roster space for someone more important (added to temporary inactive list or to a short-season team that isn't playing yet), that player usually travels with the team.

If it's recovery from a serious injury or it's going to be awhile before the player comes off the DL, the player likely won't travel as they'll be at the team's spring training facility recovering and getting back into baseball shape through scrimmages with others in extended spring.

You should also watch the transaction wire - if Brendan isn't at the lowest rung of the Rockies minors organization, there is an opportunity to send him on a rehab assignment to a lower minor league team. Yes, I know it's weird to have a minor leaguer on a minor league rehab assignment!

BTW, just because it's a 7-day DL doesn't mean he's coming off at the end of that DL timeframe. The end of the 7-day DL timeframe is just when he's eligible to come off the DL but if he's not ready or medically cleared, he'll stay on the DL beyond the 7-day timeframe.

Latest posts