Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ruth/Gehrig auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
My 1930 autographed ticket arrived today! It was originally encased in a PSA holder, which the previous owner included. They decided that it would present better in a SGC case. I have copied the ticket, PSA case and a copy of info on the Wichita Falls Spudders, who the Yankees played for your viewing. The Yankee players on the ticket are:
Babe Ruth
Lou Gehrig
Waite Hoyt
Tony Lazzeri
Herb Pennock
George Pipgras
Bennie Bengough
Roy Sherid (who was the losing pitcher that day)

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Incredible item with those signatures of course, but I love the fact that it captures an element of baseball history that is near forgotten; the barnstorming tours. It's almost hard to imagine the biggest names in baseball touring the country and playing exhibition games because to supplement their salaries, but such was life for Ruth and Gehrig back in the day.

Really an incredible piece on so many levels! Enjoy it!

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
That thing is great! Others have mentioned them, but Lazzeri and Pennock are tougher sigs than the big name guys (though not nearly as valuable, of course). With Hoyt, that's five HOF Yankees in total. Just a great piece, glad you are hanging on to it for your incredible Yankees collection. Thanks for showing it off.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Would u consider trading it for a sick Ruth auto I Have?
4853ed8cc5ec2491aa61be35190f4351.jpg

Members online