Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 UD Choice Home Plate/UD Hologram Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bounty13

Jan 12, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong...

But it appears all 265 cards (series 1) of the 530 card set have both home plate and upper deck hologram variations. I'm seeing some websites with only a partial list for series 1, but I'm seeing a lot more and have concluded it's the entire series 1.

Does anyone know how the home plate and upper deck holograms were packed out for series 1? Were all series 1 boxes home plate versions and factory sets had the upper deck hologram? Or were both versions commingled in series 1 packs?

Thanks

Andruw-Jones-(Home-Plate-Hologram).jpg
Andruw-Jones-(Diamond-Hologram).jpg

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I'm curious about this too. In particular I have John Olerud (#443) listed in my master checklist with both versions, but I can't remember where I got the info. If the variation is only in series 1, then I can knock one card off my wantlist. I have the diamond-shaped hologram version.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bounty13

Jan 12, 2017
Sheer coincidence! I'm convinced only series 1 has the home plate variations. Only mystery now is how they were packed out.. might shed some light on why only series 1.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I've only found series 1 to have home plate. I've got diamond/home run of all the series one of mcgwire (5,22,220,254) but haven't found 268 checklist home run plate.

Members online