Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about years of production for baseball simulation game cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
I'm looking for help trying to establish the ranges of years in which the following baseball simulation game cards were produced. APBA, from what I understand ran all of the way through his career and is still being produced. As I've come closer to filling my Maddux Oddball binder, I'm now attempting to take a more serious look at trying to acquire all of these issues (which looks pretty tough). IMO they're not the most amazing thing to look at or collect (no pictures and crude typography), but they fall in that oddball category, so if figure what the heck. Also, if you see that I'm missing a simulation game company from his playing days (1986-2008), please let me know as well. Below is a list of what I understand may have been at least partially produced during his playing career. Again, any help would be most appreciated.

- APBA
- Dynasty
- Out of the Park baseball (Maddux? Not sure if these were made for individual players or just teams)
- Clubhouse
- Replay
- Info
- Status Pro
- Pursue the Pennant
- Avalon Hill

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I personally like / collect them. I have a few dozen sets etc from various ones that I have and still need to break up to move. I will see what I have for Maddux at some point. I know I have a stash for Josh (Puckett collector) and at some point I'll post what I have available.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
I personally like / collect them. I have a few dozen sets etc from various ones that I have and still need to break up to move. I will see what I have for Maddux at some point. I know I have a stash for Josh (Puckett collector) and at some point I'll post what I have available.

Awesome, thanks. Also, if you know anyone (or anyone is reading this) has any information about when any of these companies produced these that would be super cool. I know APBA began production in the 50's and is still currently making them, but some of these companies folded or it seems may have began in the 80's or 90's, so i'm in the making the checklist accurate phase. These have to be kind of arduous for player collectors since it seems they mostly came in team sets or simply with the 'board game' itself. Some of those entire board games listed on eBay aren't cheap.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I've got sets from each of the ones you listed except Out of the Park, which I am not familiar with . In my unorganized notes somewhere I had the years they were produced written down, but I'll have to try and locate it. It's one of the categories I was trying to research to come up with an accurate checklist but got sidetracked. Will see what I can find and will post.

Ryan

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I'm searching for a few Puckett game cards, specifically a few info baseball game cards

Information Game Card (info baseball)
1986, 1987 and 1988

And these too:

Pursue the Pennant
1985, 1986, 1988 and 1991

Big League Manager

Avalon Hill (Statis Pro)
1987 x 2

Horatio Game

ASG Game

Replay Game

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
I'm searching for a few Puckett game cards, specifically a few info baseball game cards

1986, 1987 and 1988

And these too:

Pursue the Pennant

Big League Manager

Avalon Hill (Statis Pro)
1987 x 2

Horatio Game

ASG Game

Replay Game
1991[/QUOTE

Big League Manager and Horatio Game - any ideas on the years of these? Also, what does the the ASG Game card stand for? I'm going to need to invest in some more page sleeves.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I know some have the years printed on them and some are next to impossible to determine exact year. APBA for example has no year. I have pulled singles from team sets, but really have no idea if the previous owner pieced them together or got them new.

I also collect them, but can't see giving up much more than 50 cents to a $1 for any of the singles. Too many, too generic and sometimes it appears they may have been reprinted as well.

1986, 1987 and 1988

And these too:

Pursue the Pennant

Big League Manager

Avalon Hill (Statis Pro)
1987 x 2

Horatio Game

ASG Game

Replay Game
1991[/QUOTE

Big League Manager and Horatio Game - any ideas on the years of these? Also, what does the the ASG Game card stand for? I'm going to need to invest in some more page sleeves.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013

1986, 1987 and 1988

And these too:

Pursue the Pennant

Big League Manager

Avalon Hill (Statis Pro)
1987 x 2

Horatio Game

ASG Game

Replay Game
1991[/QUOTE

All Star Game... I listed/broke a few sets a couple of years ago, and players like Nolan would bring almost $200, Clark and Puckett $75+. Now they are $5-10 range. The cards can come with and wo Stickers attached. Maddux was not in set.

Ryan

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009

1986, 1987 and 1988

And these too:

Pursue the Pennant

Big League Manager

Avalon Hill (Statis Pro)
1987 x 2

Horatio Game

ASG Game

Replay Game
1991[/QUOTE

I'm not familiar with them really beyond they've been staring at me on the want list I've been checking off Puckett cards from.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I lied by the way about ASG, somehow I thought about Main St. ASG was made from like 88-90 , and Maddux / Puckett etc are probably in there. I have 1 set, I'll look what version. They were distributed , at least one year, in AL or NL sets.

Ryan

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
I lied by the way about ASG, somehow I thought about Main St. ASG was made from like 88-90 , and Maddux / Puckett etc are probably in there. I have 1 set, I'll look what version. They were distributed , at least one year, in AL or NL sets.

Ryan

I liked the Main Street game card. I was able to find one with the sticker attached and one with the sticker unpeeled & unattached to the card.

Members online