Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone have experience with making websites look good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's a simple template, but unfortunately the background images look like they were designed for 2004 standards. My impression is that the images should have seamless edges, or just be big enough to cover 2000+ pixel width screens. The fonts in the text boxes are basic, which is OK because it allows for compatibility (specialized fonts require either downloading or the browser will decide what font to use).

But yeah, it needs a little specialized graphical work to make it look really pro, or else redesign some things to work within your limitations. The Registry page, for instance, is kind of jarring with the store logos. How about rework that page to just use text links? I'm not a fan of presenting big, long URLs to people, so just link specific text without displaying the URL, as in the Passports page. And I'd recommend making the text boxes bigger. It looks like you're trying to fit a bunch of words in arbitrarily small boxes. Adding a 25px or so buffer around the text and pushing the borders away from the words will make it look less cluttered and more relaxed.

On the whole, though, it doesn't look bad. For what I imagine is a temporary site, especially since you're under a deadline, you might tweak it a little but I think it's decent for a simple DIY tool.

Members online

Latest posts