Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Eric Thames.........?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I think he is legit. Teams have had their eye on him and he legit changed his approach. He also was always tested in Japan and recently in MLB. It's a good story so I hope he succeeds. Too bad I dumped his stuff years ago!

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Korea apparently uses IOC level testing too so there's that. Damn fun to watch and he definitely seems to have a great eye for the strike zone. Will be hoping this production extends to teams beyond mostly the Reds so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Agree, legit. I think he was a late bloomer who stuck with it, changed his whole approach when he went overseas and now he's got it. I don't expect this ridiculous pace to keep up but .280 with 30 homers and 90 rbi seems pretty realistic.

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I think he's legit, but I'm sure that he will become more human as the year progresses. He is on pace to hit 77 hrs this season, will that happen? Most likely not.. but it makes it easy to see how he could put up 40+.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Who would have guessed that Eric Thames would be the talk of baseball for the month of April?

I think his success is legit as he's always had tremendous power but has always had dreadful plate discipline. He has since improved in that department tenfold since coming from Japan and a lot of it has to do with how much more offspeed/breaking pitches they throw over there.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Kind of puts a ding in MLB's claims that they test people "at random"...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
At best, he's a modern Cecil Fielder. Leaves MLB to play in Asia, then returns and hits 50 homers before fizzling out in a few years.

But Thames is already 30. Unless they're gambling for a quick flip, anyone who spends the kind of money his rookies are selling for now is an idiot.

I just don't understand the mindset of people who spend a fortune on an unproven 30 year old because he's hot for a month.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Dude got tested last night for the 3rd time in 10 days. I don't know what to say about that but it's nuts
Maybe a test came back positive and they're making sure it was accurate.
Also, a player is allowed to appeal a positive result before it's made public so they could be retesting for that.

But he's probably just being borderline harassed. He's being cool about it and says he welcomes the tests so I don't think he's on anything.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Maybe a test came back positive and they're making sure it was accurate.
Also, a player is allowed to appeal a positive result before it's made public so they could be retesting for that.

But he's probably just being borderline harassed. He's being cool about it and says he welcomes the tests so I don't think he's on anything.

Possible but I'm pretty sure he is the one reporting he was tested (otherwise confidential). Would be odd for him to bring it up to reporters if he was on something but who knows thought it was noteworthy either way

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Zimmerman has been on a heckuva roll. Happy for him but yeah, I thought of him too when I started thinking who should MLB be suspicious of! Do like Zimm though

Members online

Latest posts