Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Eric Thames.........?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
At best, he's a modern Cecil Fielder. Leaves MLB to play in Asia, then returns and hits 50 homers before fizzling out in a few years.

But Thames is already 30. Unless they're gambling for a quick flip, anyone who spends the kind of money his rookies are selling for now is an idiot.

I just don't understand the mindset of people who spend a fortune on an unproven 30 year old because he's hot for a month.

This

I'm happy to unload some inventory that has been sitting around.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
Zimm has always been really good but couldn't stay healthy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Right, so when an oft-injured, aging semi-star is outblasting a highly talented crop of superstar talent 7-10 his junior, it's a major anomaly. Nothing against Zim, always thought his pressure situation/playoff hitting was highly entertaining, but he's old and has a noodle arm. It sucks that anyone half-decent at baseball is assumed to be a PED user, and I'm not levying any accusations, but it's an early season story of interest.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Right, so when an oft-injured, aging semi-star is outblasting a highly talented crop of superstar talent 7-10 his junior, it's a major anomaly. Nothing against Zim, always thought his pressure situation/playoff hitting was highly entertaining, but he's old and has a noodle arm. It sucks that anyone half-decent at baseball is assumed to be a PED user, and I'm not levying any accusations, but it's an early season story of interest.
Zimmerman's only 32. That's not old in baseball. He's still in his prime and he's finally healthy (at least for this month). Half of every year's statistical leaders and MVP candidates are in their 30s, and many were injury-prone

And remember, it's only one month. Every player gets hot for a month. If this was happening in June, no one but Nats fans would notice, but people always freak out about big stats in April even though those players usually don't end up with monster seasons.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
Doc-Holliday-Not-Me-Im-In-My-Prime.gif

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Wow. Zimmerman is only 32. Definitely would not have guessed that.
Also, for what it's worth, Darren O'Day weighed in and said "I have been tested four times this season. I also have zero homeruns and throw 85". So maybe 4 isn't that odd but seems pretty frequent

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I'm glad I took the chance and drafted Zimmerman on my fantasy team. He's really been helping me out.

I also have Chris Davis, who's on the DL, and Ryon Healy and Brad Miller who are capable of playing 1B (and other positions) if need be.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Not sure why this thread crossed my mind, but this should be a reminder that a random hot April can be bad if your the one left holding the goodies.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I wonder when Thames is going to be optioned to AAA Colorado Springs? ;) Go look at his rough monthly stats (avg/hr/rbi) fall off a cliff compared to april's baseline stats.

Members online