Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

After nearly 15 years it's done!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I honesty thought that I'd never get here but I have finally finished my 2001 Fleer Game Time Famers Lumber set. It's only 30 cards but some of these have been absolutely impossible to find.
I won't bore everyone with all the details but when this set came out in 2001 I was a very broke college student and I saw a Ted Williams pulled at my local pit and I was in love. I tried to pick up a few of the cards around release but was easily outbid and wasn't until a year or so later prices came down and I actually got a few. Then they completely vanished from the market. I'd see one a year or so that I didn't have. Finally last week the Willie Stargell showed up (I had never seen it) after checking pretty much everyday. Luckily the seller agreed to end it early and it arrived today.
Here they are in all their complete set glory....

Scan0014.jpg

Scan0015.jpg

Scan0017.jpg

Scan0018.jpg

Scan0019.jpg

I'm still a bit in shock that I can stop looking (might try and replace the Rice with a numbered one) but man it feels so good to be done after all this time!
Interestingly enough several of the players in this set aren't actually in the Hall of Fame....
Thanks for looking!!!

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Bout' time you finished the set!!!

;)

Nicely done James....awesome set with a very cool player checklist! (Terry, Bobby Bonds, Colavito, Skowron, Dent, Blair)

What's the next project?

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Very nice set, I only recently discovered that there were some that were not numbered. I was so excited when I picked up my Hank in this set. It is quite rare, I can certainly appreciate your hunt for the complete set!

39aa_1.jpg

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Why is the Rice not numbered?

I assume it's from the Fleer bankruptcy.

Bout' time you finished the set!!!

;)

Nicely done James....awesome set with a very cool player checklist! (Terry, Bobby Bonds, Colavito, Skowron, Dent, Blair)

What's the next project?

Thanks Scotty! Good selection of Sox players too :)

Now I have to finish my 2003 Leaf Number Off My Back set. Just need Andy Pettitte and that set will be done!
After that I won't know what to work on.....

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Awesome, congrats! I can't imagine how good that feels. I sure do miss other companies besides just Topps!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Great project, and lucky to finally find the missing piece after so long. And those cards are great. So many underrated Fleer cards from early 2000s.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts