Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What card caused you to make an audible noise when you first saw it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Just seeing a picture of that card makes me scream ungodly words. You pulled a 1st BC superfractor auto of a future HOF'er. Not many can say that with confidence yet.

I only wish I could have known that before selling it for $1,800 :p

To be fair, I wasn't a prospector at the time and the mass popularity of prospecting hadn't quiet caught full fire.

But you are right, despite how much money I may have left on the table it's just incredible knowing that I was the one who pulled such a historic card and that my finger print will be forever left on the back of the card (I know, not cool but at least I didn't touch the front of the card)

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
My oldest son pulled an Albert Pujols auto from a pack of base Topps. Sticker auto, but we were pretty excited about it back in the day.

The card I saw on here that I recall "ooohhhing" over is an autographed Jackie Robinson rookie card. Don't recall whose card it was, but I don't think I'll ever forget seeing that card.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
Pulled a 2004 absolute memorabilia tools of the trade hat/bat/sgoe/jersey auto of Albert Pujols #1 /5 in 2005 on christmas day. Was screaming. Unfortunately it got stolen, which also made me scream :(

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
Back in 1992 when I pack Pulled This:eek:
1992.jpg

I pulled this card too. It was the last card in the pack so I saw that back first. It wasn't my pack, so wasn't my card. We were little leaguers...I believe it came from a Kmart or wal mart. Is that where they were sold??

Anyway,
I pulled one just like this, sold it for $800 but can't remember if this is my listing. Lost all old images years ago. Pretty sweet 8x10 card.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/2005-ud-portraits-ted-williams-1-of-5-certified

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
Back in 1996, I had been out of the Hobby for about 10 years. My dad called and said they were cleaning out the garage and asked if I wanted my old baseball cards. So I went and picked them up, and stopped by one of the dozen LCS in town to pick up some supplies before sorting through them. Saw 1994 upper deck cards on the counter for $1 a pack and grabbed some. Pulled one of these: (super hot card at the time) and was hooked again. (Image "borrowed" from google....)ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1493900630.003355.jpg

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Not my pull but I tried for years to buy this card and the filthy words out of my mouth when first seeing it would make D2R blush.

GEHRIG 2010 TTT CUT AUTO RELIC.jpg

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I bought a few boxes of Pride of the Pinstripes Leaf from AIC and the first two where people I never heard of. Almost kept the last box sealed but opened it and there was Roger Maris autograph

Literally screamed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
A Nutter One Comes To Mind.......... :eek::eek::eek:
xmasz.jpg

xmasroy1.jpg

1989toppsrookiecup1of1.jpg

1-1rookiecupback.jpg

From Fellow Griffey Collector [MENTION=2060]Roy Birchler[/MENTION]

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
When I saw the only other super collection of Mariano Rivera listed on ebay I said "holy sh!t" about 30 times while scrolling through the photos.

Half the time I said it because of how awesome the cards were, the other half was because of how much it was going to cost me.

Scott F

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
A couple of years ago, I decided to get some 2013 Topps 5 Star..

I noticed 1 pack was pretty thick so I saved it until the last.

When I opened it up, I said Holy Shee-Eyte..

wright-a.jpg

Then I looked at the next card and said some other NC-17 words..

jeter-a.jpg

Needless to say these cards paid for the case.. :eek:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I bought a few boxes of Pride of the Pinstripes Leaf from AIC and the first two where people I never heard of. Almost kept the last box sealed but opened it and there was Roger Maris autograph

Literally screamed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My wife did the same when she opened a pack and got this card..

maris.jpg

Members online