Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What card caused you to make an audible noise when you first saw it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
The first one I can remember is an '07 SP Tim Lincecum autograph ... I was mega pumped about it. Fun thread idea!

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
seriously though, heres mine.

A distributor I used to deal with would sometimes get damaged boxes straight from the companies and offer them at a much reduced cost.

I would sometimes buy them because more times than not, the box would be bad but the cards fine.

For all who remember the hoopla over 2007 Bowman Chrome, the pre sale prices were crazy because of both Joba and Lincecum so when I had a chance at a beat up box, I took it.

I said to my sales guy that I would GLADLY take a damaged Joba because I would send it back to Topps.

So I decided to open the box there and the very first pack had a Joba X Fractor auto. I remember making some noise and then sitting down.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
When I pulled a 1998 Donruss Significant Signatures Nolan Ryan autograph:

0w5UAMX.gif

When I pulled a 2005 BCDP Ryan Zimmerman Xfractor autograph from a $20 Target blaster box. It was worth a lot more back then, but this season is already giving it a boost.

ZHXUg.gif

Last edited:

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
was at friend's house with box of 2012 Topps Allen and Ginter. Everyone doing their art hobbies while I was going through packs. I pulled Jackie Joyner-Kersee autograph and everyone in that room saw that euphoric excited look on my face.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
After 30 years of never once hitting an expensive card from a pack, you wouldn't believe the sounds that have come from this mouth.

It's well beyond NC-17.

Members online