Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Topps Creative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
What if Topps (or Panini, or Leaf) put together a product where you could hop online and create your own card? Here is the twist:

1) Select a Player
2) Select a Picture from their photo bank. That way you can't upload a huge picture of Jeter's nose or something like that.
3) Select if you want an autograph or not
4) Select if you want a relic, and if so, which kind (jersey, pinstripe, glove, pants, hat, etc.)
5) If relic, do you want a premium piece? (Add $*** for this)

Whammo...your own personalized card. For me, the pros would be that it is a real card produced by a real company and that you had a hand in creating it.

The cons would be that there wouldn't really be a way to checklist this at all, unless they do it at the end of the year.

This could be an actual service on a website, or even used as a redemption. Imagine this: Congratulations! You have won an auto patch redemption card of ... whomever you like! Go to www.Domain.com and get to creating."

What are your thoughts?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I do like the thought of it being catalogued so redemption would be cool, if it was a free for all and anyone could go on and pay for it the price would be crazy

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
you can already buy customs from the topps and others.

I think your point should be the ability to start with the existing topps custom feature and use photos from the topps library, add autos or relics, etc. If you downloaded a player photo from the net, photoshopped a sig or relic piece onto it, and uploaded it to topps for your custom, topps may call it a copyright violation and refuse to make the card since it's not a customer's taken photo.

Members online