Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Ultra Series 2 Live Break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
Is there any interest in this? Just got a box in today and was curious is any 90's collectors would want to keep up with a live break or not. If I get a few replies I'll update this post. If not, I can post what came out of it.

Figured I'd get more interest in this forum instead of the box breaks since there isn't a whole lot of interest over there :) Looking forward to this one!

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
Thanks Papa. Started going and 3 packs in the nostalgia is already setting in. I remember getting a pack or two back in the day. Bets card so far is a Jeter "rookie". BTW, does anybody know who Wonderful Monds was lol? I've never seen a card of him before.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Sounds fun! I went loose pack hunting and busted (36) '98 CC Series 2, (32) '97 Finest Series 2 and (5) '97 Finest Series 2 Jumbo today. Best hit was a Silver Refractor of Sandberg. Beat the pack odds across the board though.

Good luck!

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
Sounds fun! I went loose pack hunting and busted (36) '98 CC Series 2, (32) '97 Finest Series 2 and (5) '97 Finest Series 2 Jumbo today. Best hit was a Silver Refractor of Sandberg. Beat the pack odds across the board though.

Good luck!

That sounds like fun too man! Nice pull on the Sandberg!

8 Packs in and so far the best card has been a Call to the Hall of Ripken. The Rawhide inserts look great too!

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
Halfway through and I beat the odds and got a golden prospect of Bobby Abreu. One of the sweetest looking inserts from the mid 90's. These are listed at 1:72 or one every 3 boxes

Matthew J Burrows

Jun 7, 2016
Southeast Alaska
All finished. Definitely beat the odds on this one with two Gold Medallion inserts listed at 1:40 and the Golden Prospect. Overall just a fun break with 80% of the names barely or not ringing a bell at all. Here's a quick picture of the inserts:
FullSizeRender (5).jpg

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Thanks Papa. Started going and 3 packs in the nostalgia is already setting in. I remember getting a pack or two back in the day. Bets card so far is a Jeter "rookie". BTW, does anybody know who Wonderful Monds was lol? I've never seen a card of him before.

Believe it or not, his full name is Wonderful Terrific Monds III. I'm not kidding.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014
I remember my first pack of series 1 of this at a flea market I pulled a Nomo Gold Medallion insert. I thought I hit a monster but was only worth a few bucks.

Members online