Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fergie IP auto giveaway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Last year I was supposed to work an event where Ferguson Jenkins was going to appear, and I had asked for cards for a 50/50. Member [MENTION=2549]cbrandtw[/MENTION] sent a bunch without wanting any back, but said to give a couple away on here. Well, Fergie canceled due to some personal issues but I knew I'd see him again, and [MENTION=2549]cbrandtw[/MENTION] was nice enough to tell me to keep the cards in case I did. Yesterday that same event came around and true to his word Fergie came this year. I spent a lot of time with him getting stuff signed and just BSing in general, which was awesome, but I digress...

Let's get back to what y'all are here for, some free Fergie autos!
0bd3c2e1265fb7bac8988cc0036aedfb.jpg
[MENTION=2549]cbrandtw[/MENTION] and I discussed the best way to give the cards away and we decided that one would go to member who correctly answers a Fergie-centric trivia question and the second card would be randomed off to everyone who replies to the thread before I crown the trivia winner.
The cards...
a0ad6aad49c5fbd57b81020cc2c16d77.jpg

I asked Fergie a ton of questions when I hung out with him, when you can pick a HOFers brain, you do it! Lol so the trivia question is:

When I asked Fergie who he loved to face that everyone else hated to face what was the first name he responded with? (Aka what feared hitter of Fergies time did he just own?)

The first correct response gets one of the cards, the second gets randomed off to everyone who ventures a guess...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I also met him at a signing a few years back. He played for the Harlem Globetrotters, a fun fact I didn't know before.

I will guess George Brett. I don't need the auto in case I am correct, It can go to a 2nd random winner if you want.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
huge fan of fergie ....though i no longer do much with ip/ttm autos he was one of the few i did target back in my high school days in the mid-80's....i was amazed when i compared the 82 donruss auto i got through the mail back then to the recollection collection auto of that same card i found on ebay around 2005....beautiful signatures that were practically twins (except for the color of the ink used) despite being signed roughly two decades apart....

as for the trivia contest , i'm torn between early years (NL) or later years (AL) but i'll take a stab and go with willie stargell.....

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
It's probably a HOF'er like Carew who played pretty much the entire span that Fergies career was, but I'm going to go off-the-wall and guess Dick Allen. He had some monster years in the late 60's early 70's when they were both in the NL.

I've gotten Fergies auto a lot living in Illinois, he appears at places/games I'm at, so if I win, give it to someone who's a fan and hasn't gotten the opportunity to meet him. He is truely a great person, fiendly, humble, and makes every fan who waits in his line feel like he's there only for them.

Last edited:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
It's probably a HOF'er like Carew who played pretty much the entire span that Fergies career was, but I'm going to go off-the-wall and guess Dick Allen. He had some monster years in the late 60's early 70's when they were both in the NL.

I've gotten Fergies auto a lot living in Illinois, he appears at places/games I'm at, so if I win, give it to someone who's a fan and hasn't gotten the opportunity to meet him. He is truely a great person, fiendly, humble, and makes every fan who waits in his line feel like he's there only for them.

Reminds me of how Buck O'Neil used to be.. super friendly and always had time for a fan..

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
As a Rangers fan, I'd love to win one of those Fergie cards.
My guess is Reggie Jackson.
Thanks!

Didn't think we'd have a winner so fast, but there it is! His exact quote about Reggie was that "I could just throw my glove up there..."

Please pm me your address and I'll get it sent out soon

Everyone else will go into a random and I will announce that later when I have time to do it

For what it's worth, he also mentioned Rick Dempsey as an easy out and one other I can't remember. As far as who he hated facing he said no one...but the Pirates had good teams back then

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

No members online now.