Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Bowman Buybacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Anybody got any info on these cool looking cards? I'm guessing they have the same color scheme as the 2017 Topps Rediscover Topps Buybacks. I snagged a 2007 Thome Gold (at least I think it's gold) on ebay yesterday.

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
No info out there, except similar speculation on the color foil. I got one Sizemore so far, hoping there are more. I'll be interested in seeing the Ultimate Buybacks going live. I can only imagine the trainwreck that turns out to be. Someone might get a beat-to-crap 52 Bowman Mantle with a foil stamp on it.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I've gotten a cross section similar to Topps, red, blue, gold, silver & bronze. I haven't opened enough to gauge if the scarcity is the same by color.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
They won't be putting in cards that are larger than the normal size card. It just won't work with the packaging.

No info out there, except similar speculation on the color foil. I got one Sizemore so far, hoping there are more. I'll be interested in seeing the Ultimate Buybacks going live. I can only imagine the trainwreck that turns out to be. Someone might get a beat-to-crap 52 Bowman Mantle with a foil stamp on it.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
52 Bowman isn't too large, but I assume the 53-55 Bowmans, and super-valuable smaller ones, will be the subjects of this redemption program. But history shows the condition of vintage cards in deals like this is underwhelming, to be generous. And having a stamp on them is distasteful, to me.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
How often are they stamping the "same" card with different color foil? I've seen 3 different Adam Dunn buybacks but they were all from different years.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Just when you thought you had enough of buybacks, lol. It looks like they are quite a bit more limited than the Rediscover Topps buybacks. I like them, but can see how others may not.

Jan 14, 2009
It seems like the 90 to 96 bowman cards are few and far between. I have only seen 1 Puckett so far.

Zero examples from 1992, 1994, 1996 or 1998 Bowman so far.

One 1995 buyback (Dave Winfield) has turned up.

Really curious as to what's happening with these.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Houdini has cracked 62 cases and pulled 4 bronze 93 bowman Canseco.

Last edited:

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Got the 2007 Bowman Buyback Thome in today. And it is gold. The gold foil looks nice placed right next to the facsimile autograph. Gotta get more of these.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Got the Silver 2007 Bowman buyback Thome in yesterday. Nice looking card! Anybody seen/have any of the Thome Bowman buybacks other than 2007? Seems like there are less Bowman buybacks than Topps buybacks.

Members online

Latest posts