Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2017 Bowman Buybacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Got my first one today.

dfaf1b_4c7f6bdf8094427992e741e1200b48a2~mv2.webp

It is hard to tell, but it is the gold version.

A Darryl Kile has also popped up, but they want a king's ransom for it.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Anyone pull any Tim Wakefield? I've only seen bronze and silver for sale 93 and 2006 I think it was. If anyone's got them I'm a buyer.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Anyone pull any Tim Wakefield? I've only seen bronze and silver for sale 93 and 2006 I think it was. If anyone's got them I'm a buyer.

No, I haven't, but I think the Silver 2006 Wakefield is on Sportlots.

I just won my 3rd Thome buyback. It was a Bronze from the 2000's. Can't wait for it to get here!

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Anyone got any Robbie Alomars? I am not chasing the entire run, but would like another example or two. Just have the 1990 bronze so far.

diwhite

Oct 14, 2012
Anyone got any Robbie Alomars? I am not chasing the entire run, but would like another example or two. Just have the 1990 bronze so far.

A blue Robbie Alomar popped up today on ebay. I think you should be able to talk down the price with a best offer.

I have a couple of questions about these buybacks. I've only seen four Bowman buybacks so far for Kelly Gruber, all silver. Two were of his 1990 card and two of his 1991 card. Has anyone picked up the same card in different colors? I'm wondering if there are enough of these buybacks that they did full rainbows of every card, or if they just printed one color of each. I know Topps has cards in multiple colors.

Also, out of curiosity is there anyone other than player collectors who collect these buybacks? Is anyone trying to complete sets?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Thanks for the heads up!

A blue Robbie Alomar popped up today on ebay. I think you should be able to talk down the price with a best offer.

I have a couple of questions about these buybacks. I've only seen four Bowman buybacks so far for Kelly Gruber, all silver. Two were of his 1990 card and two of his 1991 card. Has anyone picked up the same card in different colors? I'm wondering if there are enough of these buybacks that they did full rainbows of every card, or if they just printed one color of each. I know Topps has cards in multiple colors.

Also, out of curiosity is there anyone other than player collectors who collect these buybacks? Is anyone trying to complete sets?

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.

Yes, I picked up a silver and gold 2007 Bowman buyback of Jim Thome.

I think there was a Yankees team collector on here a couple of months ago that was going after Topps buyback cards pretty heavy. I'm not trying to complete sets but I will trade cards to player or team collectors for player (Thome) or team (Phillies) cards I need. For example, I have a 1987 Topps Gruber Gold buyback card I will trade you for a Phillies Topps or Bowman buyback Gold card that I need.:)

Let me know. Thanks.

diwhite

Oct 14, 2012
Got the 1991 Bowman Bronze buyback of Chuck Malone in a couple of days ago. Cool looking card. Thanks for the trade!:p

Great! I'm glad you like it!

I'm still looking for Kelly Gruber 2017 buybacks (Topps or Bowman) if anyone has any floating around. Thanks!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Got in my 4th Thome Bowman buyback today! It was a 1997 Gold, which looks great. The black and red mixes well with the gold stamp.

Still looking for more!

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm after any Darin Erstad (all years) and Bucky Jacobsen (I think he's only in 1999, unless they stamped 2004 Bowman Draft).

Help!

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
FullSizeRender.jpg

Completed my first Erstad Bowman Buyback rainbow. This is the one I was most worried about finding all 3 versions of.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Apparently, there might be Red and Blue.

What is the scarcity on these from easiest to toughest?Anyone know?

diwhite

Oct 14, 2012
Apparently, there might be Red and Blue.

What is the scarcity on these from easiest to toughest?Anyone know?

I believe it's the same as Topps, Bronze, Silver and Gold are the most common, Blue and Red are the rare ones.

So far I've only seen Bronze and Silver Kelly Gruber Bowman buybacks, I'm impressed that you've found Bronze, Silver and Gold of the same card!

Members online